did snakes have legs

by tijkmo 77 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Here's what came up when I searched the CD-ROM on "snakes" and "legs":

g90 12/8 p. 28 Watching the World ***

NOT

A LEG TO STAND ON

Evolutionists assume that snakes evolved from lizards, but they are hard put to explain why lizards lost their legs. In 1973 an influential Harvard University study asserted that snakes evolved from lizards to conserve energy by slithering instead of walking. Recently, however, scientists at the University of California, Irvine, put that theory to the test. They outfitted some black racer snakes with tiny oxygen masks, put them on treadmills, and measured how much energy they actually do expend in slithering. The results: The snakes either used the same amount of energy as, or up to seven times more than, legged lizards walking the same distance.

• IT Support
    IT Support
    when da ladies ask "is that a nachash in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me"

You mean, like, when they say, "I knew your nachash was big, I knew it was pink, but what's with the eyes and tongue...?"

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I don't suppose anyone has a scan of "New Heavens and a New Earth" (1953) page 81 which has an illustration of Eve and a snake with legs?...

OK, let's see if I can get this to work...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ITSupport:
    ROFLMAO

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I just realised that I didn't explain the above biblical theme:

• Noah and the vineyard
  • Solomon's Ecclesiastical eating, drinking and vanity
  • Water being turned into wine
  • Shared cup of wine at the Last Supper
  • Cup of God's wrath in Revelation
    • Canaan was cursed for seeing granddad all floppy
    • Solomon realised his vanity and commenced "blowing in the wind"
    • Well, they were merry old souls, weren't they, and knew their firkins
    • One in twelve men will find themselves betrayed by their closest buddy at some point in their lives - hence the advent of the purple diamond
    • The cup accompanies flaming swords again - we finish as we start
  • tijkmo
    tijkmo
    i put this in scandals cos i dont care whether or not snakes ever had legs-and i dont think it is much of a scandal either way...its just i knew it was in the wt but once again i find the index does not direct you to it..this is happening too frequently

ive put this back in cos it is worthy of repetition...(i shall do it a 3rd time a little later so that everyone gets the point!)....the answer to the question is not the relative point..it is the hiding of it...if someone had come across the pic that 'it support' mentioned and wanted to know what the wts say about it then the most obvious way to do that would be to use the 'index' re the scripture or the relevant words to direct you to the specific article it is discussed..but that doesnt happen btw...lol @ LT & it support banter oh and another thing......why are LTs posts always so damn tidy

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

here what the wts think

http://www.watchtower.org/library/rq/article_04.htm

check out the picture.

NO LEGS!

steve

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

That snakes had legs is not totally outta line with evolution.

It is now believed that Whales used to be land mamals. There are ancient stories to that effect amoung several aboriginal peoples, and some of these stories includ the whales moving to the ocean to make room for man. During the great whaling era, there were whales brought up with an occasional limb. The closest DNA relative to the whales is the bear.

Thank you PBS.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Listen you lot..I've been legless on lots of occasions..

Englishman.

Eman - don't the lips work amazingly well when the legs go?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yeah and i think kangaroos used to be swimmers too...otherwise how did they get to oz after the flood

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit