Do You REALLY Know People?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are you a good judge of character? Do you really know a "friend" or "loved one" like you thought? Have you ever been disappointed as to how "off" you were??

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

They might be thinking the same thing.

• upside/down
    upside/down

People change.... a reserved "no".

And "people" should include ourselves...

u/d (of the jeckyl / hyde class)

• blondie
    blondie

Do we know ourselves?

Do we really want to know people that well?

• minimus
    minimus

2 very good ??, Blondie!.....

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I've been badly hurt and have hurt others, too.

I don't allow too many into my close circle because of this lack of open trust. I have a friend now that I trust and love dearly, but she's changed into a person I don't muchly like anymore (and we've known eachother for 23 years!). I have many in my outter circles that I protect myself from because of my lack of trust.

Do we ever "know" someone? There are usually some red flags at the first of a meeting of "friends". It then becomes our choice as to acknowledge this red flag, and choice as to what we want to do about what it is flagging.

With JW's it is usually different. But.... we come to know, thru their doctrine and actions, that we cannot even trust our closest allies outside of their "box" of doctrine and programming.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    I've been badly hurt and have hurt others, too.

BC - that was very honest of you. Most never admit to the second part - and yet most of us have haven't we.

• kls
    kls

I get to know people pretty well by their movements ,manner of speech or the expressions on their faces, i am a people watcher.

Family and loved ones i usually can tell what is going on their minds but i always get hurt because i am also gullible.

As far as trusting people ,that i have a problem with and am always on guard.

• minimus
    minimus

We often ignore things we know are negative about people. Who wants to dwell on that? But when push comes to shove, we are faced with what the truth really s.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I think I'm a good judge of character. I don't rush into 'judging' that until I really know them, though. I've also felt like no matter how good I know someone, the element of suprise can always pop up at some point!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit