Do You REALLY Know People?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Not really...no.

Hubby and I have been married for almost 10 years now, and he still flabbergasts me from time to time. There is that certain part of ourselves that we all keep pretty close to our vests.

J

• minimus
    minimus

Would someone really die for you?? Would your dad, mom, sister, best friend do it??

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I don't know you very well Minimus.

However, with all your questions I foresee someone who needs an answer for everything.

Brooke

• minimus
    minimus

They questions are for your benefit, dear.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

No, benefit needed, I know everything!

Brooke

• Sirona
    Sirona

minimus you reminded me of this person

• minimus
    minimus

he's coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

• swiftbreeze
  • swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

oopsy! i wasnt finished...

no we really don't know people. i barely know myself. went i stopped going to the KH.... i shocked myself... i would have never thought in a million years that i would be where i am today.

some people will never show their inner chamber.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Some people are quite predictable, and some are just a chunk of mystery I guess. Generally, it doesn't take me long to figure people out, I'm not a talker, but an observer.

However, something happened to me a couple of years ago, and to this day, it still amazes me and leaves me with too many questions.

I had a friend, and you couldn't separate us. We were the kind of friends who would call each other up to 10 times a day, always hang out together on our days off, put our feet on each other's coffee table and make ourselves right at home. Laugh and cry together. You get the drift..Not a day went by without talking for at least 15 minutes. Every Tuesday morning, we'd meet at a diner and have breakfast together, and every Sunday afternoon we'd hang out or go somewhere. Then, one Tuesday morning, I arrived at the diner, she was already there, but hardly said a word. She kept herself real busy with some paperwork she had brought in. She didn't call that day or the next, and when I called, she didn't pick up, although I knew she was home. I left a message on her answering machine as well as on her cell phone. Calls were left unreturned. We also had the habit of sending each other a couple of e-mails a day. She kept answering my e-mails. Over the next months, I asked her several times what was wrong (through e-mail, as she never picked up anymore when I called, and never returned my messages). She said nothing at all was wrong, told me she had no idea why I'd think that something was wrong. The whole situation puzzled and saddened me enormously. I kept thinking that perhaps something was wrong with her and I wasn't there to support her. Six months went by, and then another six months. We were still e-mailing back and forth. Whenever I'd ask her to get together, she'd send me a mail saying sorry, but she had plans already. When I realized that a year had gone by, and she had not talked to me in person in a whole year, I finally stopped e-mailing her and never heard from her again.

Yes, I can figure people out, but this, I could not figure out and it still saddens me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit