Are the Demons Really Everywhere?

by professor 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Without getting into debate, let me tell you a story that happened to me yesterday.

I am with a ghost hunting group. All of our members have differing views on "ghosts." Some of us believe in ghosts, and some of us think that there is a natural explanation for things that people "perceive" as ghosts. Myself, I don't know. I am somewhat of a skeptic, and that is my goal in the group is to find a natural explanation for what people perceive as ghosts. We use cameras, recorders, radiation meters, temp meters and other things to find out when we investigate an "alleged" haunting. Usually, we find out that the person has a vivid imagination (after doing interviews), or there is some reasonable explanation for sounds, visions, etc. in their house. As a ghost hunter, I can tell you, that MOST of our suspected ghosts turn out to be something entirely obvious.

Today we had a ghost meeting at my Dad's restaurant. My Father is Greek Orthodox, and my Mother and brother are JW. They all work at the restaurant. This is the first time that my family had ever been exposed to my hobby. When I arrived my JW brother was weed eating outside the restaurant. He came in. I was already in there meeting with a member of the group. In his arrogant way, he began to make fun of us, making BOOOOOooo sounds and smiling and laughing. It was so embarassing. I went over there and told him "Look, they are ghost hunters. If you don't like it, tough. They are paying customers, and I'd prefer that you keep your comments to yourself. JW's believe in crap that is way more incredible than what we believe in, so if you don't want me to open a can of woop ass on you, I suggest you keep your JW opinions to yourself." He shut up. I went back to the table and began to discuss, with our group, some stuff we were going to do this month. Then my JW brother gets on the phone and I could HEAR him talking about us, how we were wacky.. etc. When that fails to get our attention, I can see he is talking to my Father at the other side of the restaurant. My Father has a real aggravated look on his face.

I went over there AGAIN, and my brother was telling my Father that we were seeking out DEMONS, and that we were possessed and etc. Telling the story of EUDORA? What is that? I just looked at my Dad. He had had enough of my JW brother and just yelled at him "Get the F*ck out of here. You're running off my customers! These people believe what they want to believe, and they don't want to hear all that JW bullshit. Get out of here! Go home! Go on! Get the hell outta here!" My brother faded out of the restaurant and we were left to our meeting.

About halfway through our meeting, the restaurant phone rings. My little brother answers it and says it was for me. I thought it was my husband calling up for me to bring him food or something. I answer it and someone on the other end goes "BooooOOOOooo!" I said "Shut up!" and then my older brother says "Sorry, I just couldn't help myself." and then hangs up. He is *so mad* that I am actually doing what I want to do, and my Father is accepting it, and he tries to put it on DEMONS. That ghosts are DEMONS. I told him "I don't believe in Demons." He said "But the Bible says they exist." I said "The Bible also says that mentally ill persons have demons. Do YOU have demons? You MUST have demons since you act so crazy." I told my Father that the JWs were like a bunch of ole superstitious women from the villages of his country. There is no truth to that stuff. I also said that at one time everyone thought that electricity was of the Devil.

My Father got one of our brochures and he was really cool. Ilove my Dad... Demonized or not.. hehhehe.

CG

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

What really is eye-opening to me is that JWs are so obsessed with demons being in this or that, or sponsoring this or that, and that just shows that they have NO TRUST in the God that they say protects them! When you are Christian, you are not afraid of that because you have total trust, no fear, only love for the person that guarantees you will be protected. Love means never having to say "Im scared."

CG

• Mac
    Mac

I ain't skeered of no ghosts.........and I tell them that regularly....

mac

• El blanko
    El blanko

Country Girl

That is a typical story of certain JWs. Your brother sounds very immature to be honest. I feel sorry for you.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Actually Mac, you can't be skeered of something that may or may not exist. Why be skeered of the unexmplained? 200 years ago, electricity was unheard of. 600 years ago, they thought the world was flat. The only thing you SHOULD be scared of is if there is no one to go ahead and challenge popular notions.

I challenged the fact that I thought you were a blue, small, human being and foudn out that you were a TALL blue human being.. smirk.

CG

• Mac
    Mac

Long...not tall...........and occasionally blue...

mac

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

The funniest thing about the 'Harry Potter is evil' brigade is that the 'fundy backlash' seems to have originated from a brain-dead fundy coming across a satirical article from the Onion that lampooned such opinions and taking it seriously - to the extent they forwarded it to all their brain-dead fundy friends.

Here are some truly scarey web-sites by people who prove quite conclusively that we evolved from apes, and that some of us should go back to the trees and hand our opposable thumbs back whilst we are at it...

http://www.satansrapture.com/harrypotter.htm

http://www.realdeliverance.com/potter.shtml

http://magic-mirror.4ya.nl/Potter/Potter.html

Obviously fairy-stories, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (it's allegorical ain't it?), whatever fantasy books that particular fundy likes etc., are exempt from demonic influence...

Things I have always wondered about is how PATHETIC Satan and his legions of demons are. I mean, really, is that the best they can do? In the conceptualisation of those who believe in them they typically have all the menace of Ming the Mericiless when you see the original series of Flash Gordon today.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The demons appear to affect only JW's and Kingdumb Halls.

• aniron
    aniron

As somone said earlier about JW's who have read and seen the Harry Potter stuff. Likewise I know of many BA Christians who have also. A friend of mine a strong BA when the Harry Potter thing first appeared decied to see for himself what was it all about. So he read the book, and has since read every book and seen the films. So has the rest of his family. As others have said on here he saw the basics that the books were teaching children to overcome their fears and obstacles of life. As well as being good stories.

The thing with JW's is I think thatthey have been instilled with this fear of "demons" as a means of control. That you are only safe in "Jehovah's organisation" etc. They go on about how wonderful and powerful Jehovah is. Yet he seems to be powerless to stop "demons" having a go at his followers.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

We weren't allowed to watch Wizard of Oz as kids or ET becuase both were about demons - apparently. But a friend whose Dad was the PO used to boast about how many times she'd seen Wizard of Oz and that made me so jealous!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit