Are the Demons Really Everywhere?

by professor 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Melmac - Spot on! The Harry Potter films and stories are constructively educational. They teach as you said, not to have fear but also that fear, anxieties even CAN be overcome. That we have to face our fears and look forward. I know this sounds simplistic but, I hope my kids can learn far more from Harry Potter than the doom mongering that the Botchtowers teach.

• cheeseman
    cheeseman

A JW ex-friend of mine got himself into a real panic about the deeeemons one night. He lived alone across the road from me, and one time (about 2am) he started banging on my door. Anyway, he woke the whole house up. I asked him what was wrong that he was here at that time of night/morning. He said that he had been reading in bed and that a stack of cd's by his bed started flying across the room and crashing into the walls. I let him stay the night in the spare room. Next morning I went with him to see his place and sure enough the cd's were everywhere, scattered to the four corners of his room. However, I knew (and I'm sure that he knew I knew) that he'd simply got the heeby-jeeby's and didn't want to spend the night alone. Awww. They're a delusional bunch, have you believe anything.

• Mac
    Mac

Nope...

But they're in my shorts...

and I'm thinkin' 'bout charging rent!

mac

• ivy
    ivy

I can't help it, I have to defend here
    JW's are not against Harry Potter. My father is an elder, and my parents have taken my son to see the movies and bought some of the books for him.
    It's the fringe freaks that cause this type of reaction. Like the whole smurf thing. I remember rumors going around my KH when I was a kid that my Cabbage Patch Kids were possessed and talking to me. I don't think that the borg actually tells their sheep to act this way, but I'll admit that they do cause some of the reaction with the constant threat of demons lurking.
    I could be wrong, have the JW's actually written against Harry Potter. Tell me if so, I'll point it out to my father.

• professor
    professor
    Now I know that "Mac" stands for the MAC-inations of Satan!
  • Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I grew up in Utah and let me tell you, there was a whole set of JW demon legends that sprung up in Mormon country. My personal favorite was the one about two bros who went to the house of a prominant LDS official and got into a heated debate over who was right and wrong about (insert scriptural topic here). and as they left the house and got into their JW mobile, the rear door of said vehicle opened and an unseen presence got into the car with them. The bros drove around with this spectral guest in their ride until they stopped in front of a Mormon church. At this point the bro driving the car said to the "demon", "this is where you get out." Supposedly the door opened and the minion of Satan got out of the car. Wow! I still can't believe I let myself actually believe this rediculous load of feces.

• professor
    professor

Low-Key the minion of Satan was probably sick of the company and got out of the car willingly.

• Mac
    Mac

I once sat for the nations of Satan...

mac,lazy class

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Young People Ask "Should we pick up hitchikers?"

Hopped up on Jehoba Juice these two clowns eh?

You would think with the end so close the demons would have more important things to do other than possess smurfs, fling CD's around a room, or take up residence in a Harry Potter book.

• El blanko
    El blanko

Well, thats a tough one isn't it

This whole thread depends on whether you believe in demons in the first place and then believe that they have the potential to move through the physical realm freely, or whether they need the will of humans to open portals into this realm; helping to ground them.

Symbols historically speaking are an important part of magic lore and are held in high esteem by practitioners of the art. Yet to hold any power it appears to be the case that the creator and possessor of the symbol has to imbue this icon with their will; thus empowering it and making it potent.

A friend of mine owns a great big heap of books, expounding occult philosophy. From the murky depths of Aleister Crowley to Eliphas Levi. He has never had a spirit manifest in his bedroom (where the books are kept) or indeed a cup fly involuntarily across the room, yet he knows people who have had these experiences.

He suggests that it is focus and intent that creates the problem and opens portals.

So perhaps (if you believe in spirits) and own a copy of Harry Potter, it only becomes a problem if you over emphasize its place within your life and impart negative willful intent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit