No more TM school review?

by toreador 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Just another case of dumbing down in the WTS.

The least attended meeting of the 5 is the service meeting but even less than that is the night of the "rotten review." Since people do not prepare for the meetings or pay attention when they are there, this is a case of overkill.

I always say that the average US JW (male) can name the quarterbacks on all the US football teams but cannot name all 12 of the apostles...sisters can name all the people on the Survivor teams.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

12-----Peter, Paul, James, John and Judas is all I remember.

• blondie
    blondie

What football teams are they on, min?

• rebel8
    rebel8

People keep mentioning the written questionnaire. I'm racking my brain and can't recall any written questionnaire. Did you have to turn in your answers or something? I'd love to hear about it. Sounds crazy. Maybe I've been gone too long (18+ years ) to have experienced the written questionnaire.

• blondie
    blondie

In the earlier days, JWs received the written test as the entered the KH. They did not know the questions in advance.

Then, realizing that many did not pay attention in the meetings and were staying home in droves, they put the written test (questions) as part of the KM insert a month (?) before it was scheduled. Then you could look up the answers using the references they gave for the 35 questions. But you could not use that sheet on the night of the review. But the questions were fairly simple and if you had looked up the questions, it would take about 10 minutes to write down your answers.

Even earlier than that you handed your test to the JW next to you to correct and before that to the school overseer (that must have been the 30's and the 40's).

So yes, they get the questions from the KM insert just before the "rotten review."

Blondie

• lilbit
    lilbit

I loved the review because Id do it in 5 mins then go hang out in the bathroom with all the other bored sisters

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

From your lips to God's ears Toreador!

I can only wish this TM school review practice stopped. I'm afraid it won't happen anytime soon.

DY

• MattieSus
    MattieSus

I feel really old! I attended Circuit Assemblies when they actually had MS talks as part of the program. When I was in high school, I was actually a "householder". We had practiced in front of the District Servant. My mother even made me a new dress, to make sure I looked plain and modest. I remember the dress pattern had a v-neck, so she improvised an insert.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Blondie, the practice of the School Overseer correcting everyone' Written Reviews went into the 1950's. I still have some of my corrected ones and I was born in 1955. I think the practice stopped and we were put on the honor system early in the 1960's.

Nina (of the Oh-My-God-I'm-Going-To-Be-50!!! class)

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Is it true they don't do Ministry school at circuit assemblies anymore?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit