No more TM school review?

by toreador 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• toreador
    toreador

Thats what I heard, is it true that there is no more theocratic ministry school review?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well there has been no written review for a while - but I think the oral review will continue -doing away with a review would be going counter to the trend I have noticed the last few years in the WTBTS

• toreador
    toreador

Oh ok, I must have missunderstood. So they no longer fill out the questionaire but they have some kind of oral, question and answer method?

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 11/02 p. 4 A School That Equips Us for What Matters Most ***

Oral

Review: The Theocratic Ministry School review will be conducted orally. It will be held once every two months and will last for 30 minutes. Questions to be considered during the review will continue to appear in Our Kingdom Ministry. If the week scheduled for the oral review coincides with the week of a circuit assembly or the circuit overseer?s visit, then the next week?s talks should be given one week early and the oral review should be rescheduled for the following week.
  • EvilForce
    EvilForce

That was one of the fun activities we actually had. Making fun, snide remarks and answers in the "tests".

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    well there has been no written review for a while - but I think the oral review will continue -doing away with a review would be going counter to the trend I have noticed the last few years in the WTBTS

Ah the written reivew. 1 hour of pure boredom. Maybe that's why they did away with it. When I did it, I always realised how little I knew about JWs 'unique' interpretation, let me tell you, I would usually never get the conclusions the JWs got from the scriptures given.

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

The whole concept of a 2 monthly review is symptomatic of the dry, prosaic, study obsessed culture in the organisation.

"We've got to quiz you regularly and turn the meetings into a little scholastic exercise to give you all a little more motivation to keep on studying studying studying."

Not much emphasis on developing the inner person, just filling the head with facts and 'data'. After all John 17:3 says it is through accurate knowledge by which we gain everlasting life. Accurate knowledge comes before the ransom.

Pathetic really.

• Daunt
    Daunt

I liked the written review. the only time i actually got away with doodling in the meeting cause my mom absolutely knew i had no idea what was going on. She'd probably bust my chops now.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I think the society has realized (or perhaps they alway knew and just didn't do anything about it) that the dubs aren't spending that much time studying for the meetings. I also think the society doesn't want to control what the dubs consider and think about while studying.

The oral review versus the written review makes sense because it is easier to prepare for. If you're a real slacker you do nothing, the next step up is preparing only the questions you want to answer and the super-dubs can prepare the entire questionnaire.

The review process itself is a popular trend with the society. Now we review circuit assembly and special day assembly information before attending and review it again after attending. They know no one is getting anything out of the hours and hours of material. So they've boiled it down to a few pieces of information you should look for during the assemblies.

The KM used to allow the speaker to create his own questions for the question/answer parts. Now the questions are printed at the bottom of the articles. Again, makes it easier for the dubs to prepare. It really narrows down what they need to review.

The WT study used to be a pretty cool review of the article. Now it's a very cut and dry rehash. The WT conductors have been told for quite some time now not to add too many personal comments and to definitely watch asking questions not in the WT itself. Remember when the conductor had the leeway not to read every paragraph and just have the questions read? Now they only do that if they screw up and look like they're going overtime (depending on conductor). The bethel family, when I was there, rarely read every paragraph of the article on Monday night.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

What a shame - I used to love the Rotten Review!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit