No more TM school review?

by toreador 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MattieSus
    MattieSus

Good Question, do they or don't they have MS at CA's?

I just assumed since the assemblies seem to have gotten shorter...

What raised the memory for me, was the comment of when to hold the "review" if it's scheduling conflicted with an assembly...

I'm not that curious though, that I'd attend again, just to find out

• blondie
    blondie

No, they still have the Ministry School at the CA. After all, they miss the meeting on Thursday/Tuesday that week and have to make up for it. The parts after that are supposed to mimic a Service Meeting.

Blondie

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Blondie, the practice of the School Overseer correcting everyone' Written Reviews went into the 1950's.

My Dad was doing the school back in the late 1950's. I remember him taking home all the reviews to grade the "students". What a lot of work to have to do. Those with low or failing marks were "encouraged" to do better in the future (prodded with stick)

• toreador
    toreador

I wasnt even around in the early 50's. Thats pretty cool to hear how much they have changed over the years all as a result of Jehovahs blessing.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

[*thwacks* Toreador]

Nina

• toreador
    toreador

You cant be THAT much older than I, Nina.

• Quotes
    Quotes

classicist said:

==================
    When I did it, I always realised how little I knew about JWs 'unique' interpretation,
    ================

All those years ago, I just thought I was stupid. I got great marks in high school, but always did poorly on Written Review. Now I realize, my problem was I was not nearly dumb enough to accept their flawed logic.

~Quotes, of the "he he heh.... you said oral" class

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

The parts after that are supposed to mimic a Service Meeting.

Ah yes, the "fake" Service Meeting!! I only remember this happening within the last few years. They would have the opening of the Service Meeting complete with bogus announcements!!! I remember thinking WTF????

No Apologies

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    That was one of the fun activities we actually had. Making fun, snide remarks and answers in the "tests".

yeah, was the only fun we had. I'd sit with my friends and we'd all se how little we'd been paying attention

• MattieSus
    MattieSus
    They would have the opening of the Service Meeting complete with bogus announcements!!!

Hey, wait a minute...some of those announcements were very important.

1. you can still volunteer in the cafeteria

2. collection boxes are set up at this point and that

3. thank you for your cooperation re saving seats

4. here's what's coming up next!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit