I'm not one to get into celebrity gossip but,

by heatherg 46 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

geez, live and let live. I was stoked to see Joan rivers there at the reception. It shows they have a hell of a sense of humor. She's been SCATHING about the royals for decades.

In England, it's the day of the Royal Windsor Horse Show. Princess Anne already has her saddle on.

When I met the Queen, I didn't know what to do. Do you bow? Do you curtsy? Do you give her a Tiparillo? The only place I'd ever seen her was on a stamp. So I licked the back of her head.

The Queen has no fashion sense. She's the richest woman in the world and look how she dresses. She wears soap-on-a-rope for jewelry.

Prince Phillip has said that he doesn't think his son Charles would make a good king. On the other hand, he won't deny that his son Edward would make a good queen

Prince Charles is selling his own special choclate Easter eggs at Harrods this year. See what happens when a grown man still lives on an allowance from his mom.

Prince Harry was sent to a rehab center to see how drugs affect young people's lives--and then he still smoked pot. He must really want to get a role on "Ally McBeal

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I REMEMBER CHARLES' FIRST MARRIAGE. SOME PAPER LISTED ALL THE GIFTS THEY RECEIVED, AND ONE OF THEM WAS THE BOOK 'THE TRUTH THAT LEADS TO EVERLASTING LIFE'!

HOPEFULLY NO ONE GAVE THEM A WATCHTOWER PUBLICATION THIS TIME AS THEN THE MARRIAGE MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE!

OUTASERVICE

• freedom96
    freedom96

Hey, I enjoy some celebrity gossip now and again, but as far as these two, I couldn't give a rats ass.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    Diana is rolling over in her grave about now

No, she isn't -- she's having a great laugh because on EVERY channel I've seen tonight they're showing the contrast: beautiful young Diana's marriage to Prince Charles, "the fairytale come true" as the media puts it, right next to the couple who were obviously ordered by Mummy The Queen to either make it legal or give it up.

And what the hell was Camilla wearing on her head in the "blessing" part of the proceedings? Looked like a faux crown of thorns or straw or something -- a far cry from the diamond tiara worn by Diana.

Yeah, I know, they deserve happiness, but it was at a great cost and hurt a bunch of people in order to get it.

Nina

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Why does Britain cling to the throne anyway? It's not as if the throne has any real power anymore. It seems more due to sentimentality that this whole dinasaur is still in place.
    I guess we do feel sentimental singing "God save the queen", probably just as sentimental you do singing your national anthem. I'm sure you agree there are things you find sentimental about your country. If not, I can't imagine why you would want to live there.

Ballistic, there is nothing wrong with England being sentimental over the throne. That's really all it is anymore: sentiment. That is my point. The throne has no real power and is basically there for show. So why did it really matter who Charles wanted to marry in the first place? Who cared whether or not he married a pretty virgin? Why couldn't he just have married Camilla? I don't think she's ugly by the way.

As for The Star Spangled Banner, I don't feel sentimental about it at all.

• Preston
    Preston

Would it be sacrilege for me to say that I think Camilla is more well-adjusted than Di? I don't think Camilla will require the 3 or 4 chakra rebalancers or astrologers Di had....or so I read...

- Preston

• Gozz
    Gozz

You read more than a hint of hypocrisy here, people. Some get a kick from Camilla/Charles bashing. What is it you people want?! Massive hypocrisy. Very easy to forget your Diana was a philandering slut who got her marriage destroyed and lost to a woman who has conducted herself with utmost dignity in the face of all nonsense hurled at her by the British press and an unfair world where physical beauty counts for everything. Some of the comments here are reeking of naked hypocrisy. So Charles and Camilla cheated, eh? When? After Diana 'd been sleepping around, no? After Camilla's husband's been cheating forever, no? Short memories; self inflicted lobotomy; amnesia. At 57, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Princess of Wales, yesterday - and as she has always done - carried herself with grace, and looked radiantly happy. Eat your hearts out; damn hypocrites.

And yeah, Diana may well have the last laugh; until there's a DNA test administered on those two young men, no one'll ever be sure who sired them. Of course, Ignorance of that is, for the public, is bliss.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I have no problem with their remarrying. That's their own business. What I do object to is have their "royal family" as my head of state. Tell me again, why does Canada need a bunch of "nobles" to rule over us?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Would it be sacrilege for me to say that I think Camilla is more well-adjusted than Di?

No.You are spot on my Friend!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Would it be sacrilege for me to say that I think Camilla is more well-adjusted than Di?

No.You are spot on my Friend!

One scripture I have observed to be true is the one that states: "Oppression is making the wise one act crazy." Or something along those lines.

I read Fergy's autobiography. She spoke of the pure hell both princesses had to live under and how ill prepared they were to deal with it. She pointed out that Diana was a kinder, gentler soul than herself. When The Royals were scouting ladies for the Princes, they needed not just to look for attractive virgins of aristocratic backgrounds, but they needed also to look for very strong individuals. Fergy was tougher than Diana, but they still drove her into the ground. (*I know Fergy lead a racier life than Diana.)

Probably Camilla would have been very tough. We don't really know if she could have handled the burdens of a princess, when a younger woman. Fergy pointed out in her book that The Royals keep a packed schedule of charity events and they compete with each other to see whose is the most grueling. They ordered Diana around, even telling her that she must go to Australia allthough she had recently given birth and that she could not take Prince William along. This is the sick kind of control they had over Diana and Fergy.

There is a lot of crap a British princess must endure. It is not a fairy tale existence, but is instead rather oppressive. "Oppression is making the wise one act crazy." Oppression is the reason Charles wasn't allowed to marry Camilla in the first place.

It's sexist to call Diana a slut. I think most women, in Diana's shoes, would have sought solice in the arms of another caring man. It's not as if she was hanging out in the pubs picking up men and taking them out to the back alley for a quickie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit