the real purpose of field service

by what_Truth? 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• willyloman
    willyloman
    could another reason for the purpose of field service be so that the public can see us going out?

No, the real reason is so that other dubs see you going out. It's all about being seen and thus viewed as spiritual. That's why it has disintegrated into such a phony endeavor.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

Last friday ljwtiamb? No, my wife's grandma was on her deathbead so we held sort of a family vigil. Johnny's case has more to do with what i did the week before.

It doesn't really matter though as I haven't been door to door in 13 years and have had nothing to do with the JW's in 10.

• Satanus
    Satanus

As zen suggested, now it serves as part of the indoctrination. Jw's regurgitate what they 'learned' at the meetings. That gets the mind fully into wt gear, w the body following.

S

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

The following applies to industrialized nations/areas:

Field Service Reason #1: Push literature, not on the public, on the JW members

Field Service Reason #2: Cognative dissonance. Force JWs to repeat the BS to other people, it helps them accept their own BS

Summary: Field service is no longer about recruiting the public, it is about maintaining the ranks.

• breeze
    breeze

You guys have covered the reasons well.....keep u busy, view from public (image), got to get rid of millions of copies printed every year.....all that....

Except I believe the door to door work is still affective, and is bringing in thousands each year. The numbers are s tagnant because they are going out the back door as fast as they can be converted?

BREEZE

• zaphod
    zaphod

my gran always told me that fs was god's way of taking up our time in spiritual things so that we were too tired and had less time to do sins and stuff.

so it didn't matter if you never found a soul in as it was a protection for yourself

zaphod

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Make Busy Work....

God doesn't have enough for all of us to do. We were too good at the "be fruitful and multiply". So now we have too many people, not enough to do. So as with any good corporation... we have "Make Busy Work".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit