Bragging Rights or I'll Try Not To Be Too Obnoxious

by HadEnuf 16 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Dear friends from WI (and I know you're lurking out there in Cheesehead land)!

Tomorrow night at 7 PM (April 6), my son's band, Tree of Woe, will have their first single off their new CD played on 95.5 WIFC here in central WI.

Every week they choose a new song to play and people call in to vote on whether or not they like it.

If you live within range of this radio station...please give it a listen. The song is "Mushroom Cloud" and it is terrific (am I biased? OF COURSE)!!!! You can also here part of it on their website at www.treeofwoe.com The number to call to vote for or against it is: 1-800-998-WIFC.

They returned from Tulsa, OK just a couple of weeks ago and worked non-stop for 4 days with two top-notch producers on this album. They recorded at 7th Kid Studios and their album really rocks. It is a blend of old fashioned rock & roll, alternative rock and a little heavier stuff too. Even a ballad (well sort of) thrown in for good measure. My two sons wrote all the songs and my younger son does the lead vocals. They both play guitar.

So yup...I'm bragging 'em up because you people here are the only people I've got to brag to about them! AND...if you get a chance to listen...please call and tell them you like it...even if you think it stinks. No...don't lie. Be honest about it and we'll see what happens. If the majority of people like it...then it will get a weekly rotation on the station!!

Cathy L. A Shameless Mother Promoting Her Kids

• econaut
    econaut

Thanks for sharing that, I'll have to try to listen tomorrow night.

econaut

• kls
    kls

You have every right to brag and i will listen and vote cause if he is you're kid he is great .

HanEnuf ,,,,,,,,,,,,good and proud mom

• kls
    kls

HadEnuf ,if you don't mine me asking what part of Wisconsin are you in?

If you like you can pm me.

You can also take my address and send me money cause i get nothing for my peanuts.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Thanks econaut and kls!

I live in Stevens Point, WI kls! I would send you money but the boys have to make it big first...that's why people need to vote! Now go pick some fleas. (scratch, scratch, pick, pick)

Cathy L.

• kls
    kls

I tell ya i don't have fleas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well not many

• kls
    kls

The mother and stepdad lived in Plover Wisc. Great town except for the papermill

• Valis
    Valis

Hi Cathy! If you send me a demo tape I can forward it to a couple music people I have hookups w/here in Dallas. They do a bit og promoting for bands in Deep Ellum. Will be glad to help if I can. So if they have a demo tape or website with songs available for listening then lemme know. Always glad to help.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• bem
    bem

Will not get to hear them tomorrow night, but, I wish them all the best!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Had chance to listen to it...and its not bad at all...quite a talented band (given the one track that ive listened to.)

You have every right to be proud, keep bragging...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit