GET INTOUCH WITH YOUR FAMILY DAY

by tijkmo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I think it's a great idea too. I have been wanting to do this for awhile, but don't even know how to start. It's been sooo long, I don't even know really know them. And they certaintly don't know me. What do I write about?

I do have lots of new grandbaby pictures....I thought about putting together a scrap book and sending that too them, with some journaling on the side.

Lisa

edited to add...

My husband and children really don't want me to contact them. They said they don't want to see me hurt and sad..

• under74
    under74

Slh-
    I wouldn't say you're going to open yourself up again for hurt by telling them you're alive and well and that you have the unconditional love they don't. So long as you're prepared to not get a response, I see no harm in it. In the end I can only see that it might do some good either for a member of the family still in the JWs who's too afraid to get in touch...or the sender just to affirm that they aren't the one's who have put conditions on their love.

But don't get me wrong I understand where you're coming from.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Lisa I think that sending a scrapbook of pictures is a great idea. Your husband and children really love you and don't want you to be hurt and sad so if you think that you will be when you get no response then maybe its not a good idea. We know that the chance of a response in most cases is tiny, but I keep thinking of that lovely family from Australia whose daughter kept in touch and showed love and eventually her parents left too! I know that this isn't going to happe, but like dazed and confused said its so that we can emphasise its them that has the problem not us. So only get in touch if you can live with the fact they won't respond or the very worse (although I can't imagine them doing this) returning what you send. Expect nothing - give your love freely like Christ did, not the way they do - and then you won't be disappointed.

I'm also thinking that when people my parents know ask about me - I'm sure they must - that my parents can't just say no we haven't heard from her, like its my fault. I want them to be forced to say actually she wrote recently and then just think on how loving they are not responding. The other reason is that I want my sisters to know I am out here and I care if they ever start to think hmmm maybe this is all a crock of shit and that they can come to me!

• Frog
    Frog

yer crumper you're sooo right! I know my families jw/non-jw ask about me frequently...I can only imagine the responses they give at present, "no there doesn't seem to be any sign of her returning" respondent: "oh that's a shame, but hang in there and keep praying about it" blah blah blah...but if they had recent info to suggest that I was well and truly getting on with my life, it would have to come up...and as you say they couldn't help but feel some sort of complex for not having responded. Know what you mean about your sisters coming to joing you, wouldn't that just be too perfect, I've 4 myself and my arms are open to all of themv

• talesin
  • MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I feel similarly to Crumpet and Dazed... For me, it's a great idea (until proven otherwise). So i shall put it on my calendar (10 May) and, if near a computer, will make sure this thread comes back around as a reminder for anyone else who feels so inclined.

~Merry

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Hey----guess what day this is......................GITWYFD...................10 May

Sorry I didn't bring this around sooner (my calendar is still set to April).....................

Luckily my JW mom is coming to the house to see her granddaughter today so that's too easy...

But just to make it interesting, I think I'll write to some of my JW cousins and let them know how much they mean to me..........................

Seriously...what the world needs now is......

Any other takers???

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit