GET INTOUCH WITH YOUR FAMILY DAY

by tijkmo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

I think it's a good idea. I'm pretty close to my immediate family and don't know how to reach the extended family that are still JW but if I didn't have my mom and my siblings I'd be waiting on the Family Day.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Heh, yeah, I think I'll send everyone Christmas cards this year...

It'll keep them busy for months trying to clean the "demunz" out of their houses and mailboxes

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

It is a good idea. Sometimes we have to take the first step towards reconciliation. And even if that is not possible, it is important to remind family that may be shunning or estranged from us that the situation is the product of their choice, not ours.

-Eduardo

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Can we swap families? Just for that one day??

Maybe like a grab bag?

-Aude.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    lets make it 10th of MAY every year...dont think there are any other holidays on that date

Mid-May is usually Mother's Day here in the United States.

Maybe not such a bad date to select if y'all decide to participate. Send a 'thinking of you' card instead of a Mother's Day card.

But again, I want to ask: Can we swap families? (Even for just that one day??)

-Aude.

• Frog
    Frog

tijkimo i think you're on to something there...although it'll have to wait for next year for me, they just got my "sort of" DA letter...was a couple of years in the making.

perhaps this too defies your intention, but if we are going to make it a universally standard ex-WT observance why don't we make some sort of a statement by having some sort of universal format, and get as many in on it as possible. Not using it as a way to further vent hurt, but as a way to extend that idea of unconditional love...perhaps I'm thinking too big here? either way I'd be happy to hear what you summise the feedback to be:-)

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

tjkmo

I'm up for this. I always send my parents an anniversary card each year without fail. But I was thinking that I do want them to know what I am up to and I love writing letters so I will once a year give them an update letter - chatty, natural and normal. Maybe at some point their own freakishness will become apparent to them! I will just ignore their shunning and write anyway.

The only thing I can't promise is to use the 10 May date - I want to write to them after my holiday in Canada (not of course to gloat or anything - just to show them that I am getting on with my life - enjoying the earth now, not waiting for it to be transformed into a paradise full of Stepford Dubs!)

crumpet x

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I don't get it. Why would I want to contact people who think it's reasonable behaviour to shun me based on my beliefs or lack of them?

Screw them, if they want to get in touch they know where I live

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Satans, I would think this whole idea is just to let them know that it is not US but them who have the problem. I think this is a great idea!

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

exactly, it's them that have the problem so let them get in contact if they want to, if they don't then it's still them that have the problem.

Look people, banging your head against a brick wall is totally unproductive and after a while it hurts. How many people who get in touch with their families are opening themselves up to getting hurt YET AGAIN when their families continue to spurn them? Personally I couldn't care less about people that despite a genetic bond feel that their 'religious principles' are more important than family ties

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit