GET INTOUCH WITH YOUR FAMILY DAY

by tijkmo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

there has been a number of discussions lately about not just accepting being shunned by family so i was thinking why not set aside a yearly day to get in touch with family...send a card,text,email to parents and siblings etc not saying anything controversial...just being nice..saying we miss them we love them and anytime they want to meet or write or visit they would be more than welcome..it other words dont treat them like they treat you..do you think that it is a good idea...if so reply here but also spread the word.....if this has been suggested before please excuse me...im new to the world

lets make it 10th of MAY every year...dont think there are any other holidays on that date

• kls
    kls

That is a good idea but for me ,not much family other then a very few and the rest as far as i am concerned are dead.

I'ts not a jw thing but a long standing family dislike.

The family i do have i see offen .

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Why not the "memorial day".

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well any day really...the memorial changes every year plus it would look as if one was being obtuse..which is not the objective

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Excellent idea.

• talesin
    talesin

kls

I'm in the same boat as you. But I agree, for others this could be a good thing ...

tij

Yeah, the first 'official' WT Apostate Holiday --- really makes a statement ...

show them the REAL love!

Now, some of us have families and/or family members who we don't wish to have any contact with, and for good reason. Those folks may not want to participate,

but,

for those who were so inclined, this could really show up the Tower, and help in rescuing a few souls ,,,

t

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

I think it's a great idea for those who feel the need to do that.

Personally my last exchange with my sister left a really bad taste in my mouth, and I'm way too happy to let sour and negative people near me. I keep in touch with family that doesn't emotionally abuse me though, and feel really good about it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Many months ago I sent my parents a letter saying that I would love to see my family and old friends... the only catch was that they would have to stop shunning me. So far I have not heard a peep out of them.

• Carmel
    Carmel

A ) don't love or miss them B) wouldn't know how to reach their sorry asses

caveman

• kls
    kls

Sorry Tijkmo ,i don't think this is what you expected but many here are deeply hurt by so called family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit