the love of money is the root of all evil? or is it?

by zen nudist 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I have not see anyone mention this....

but it seems to me that money is the one unifying force the world over, as more and more countries become just different aspects of the corporate world world peace seems more likely than anything religion has ever been able to accomplish... war is bad for business over all which is something you dont hear with regard to drug trafficking.... the more an area is dominated by one drug dealer the more peaceful the neighborhood as he finds violence on his turf to interfer with his money.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    money is the one unifying force the world over

And that's why religions are LOADED (and tax free).

Lazy ass sunzabiches need to get a haircut and a real job. Stop fleecing the poor damn sheep.

u/d (of the hates org. rel.,but likes $ class)

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

No one would remember the Good Samaritan if he'd only had good intentions. He had money as well.

-Eduardo

• Gill
    Gill

In my view, the love of religion is the root of all evil and because of it many have been led astray and stabbed themselves all over with many pains.

Somehow, to me, that just seems a lot more accurate.

• Bas
    Bas

not of all evil that's for sure but greed in general does cause some problems, even if only indirectly.

b

• FairMind
    FairMind

Money is not the root of everything evil, it is simply a tool for storing value to be used as a medium of exchange. Ted Bundy did not kill all of those women for the love of money, did he? There is a root of all-evil and only a few of us know what that is. I refuse to tell you.

• Survive1999
    Survive1999

For someone who has a Trek icon you are apparently unaware of the 34th Ferengi Rule of Acquisition

Rule 034ยปWar is good for business.

My take on this scripture is that "Love your Neighbor" is in direct opposition to the "Love of Money". People, not things are important. Due to the over emphasis of money in our culture I believe that people are increasing objectified in our culture.

Believe me corporations do not have your best interests at heart. The second that a corporation thinks you are a liability, you will go loyalty aside you're gone.

The peace you talk about in a drug lords territory is the peace of the gun, you step out of line you die. The same peace brought by the Soviet Union to Eastern Europe. Now that the gun is gone, they kill each other willy nilly.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

maybe that saying is true. religion wouldn't exist if there wasn't gobs of money to be made from it.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Zen:

The lack of money is the root of all evil.

Anyone who says that money cannot buy happiness does not know where to shop.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    The peace you talk about in a drug lords territory is the peace of the gun, you step out of line you die. The same peace brought by the Soviet Union to Eastern Europe. Now that the gun is gone, they kill each other willy nilly.

people who work for money dont seem to murder nearly as many as those who work for religion... true people are commodities to corporations, but they are cannon fodder to religious leaders... sheep sent to the slaughter more often than not.

I suppose any idea or ideal can get out of hand if placed above the people who hold them...which is what religion excels at... but then money is just another idea in that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit