New here...

by smorgle 49 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Hi Smorgle ... Welcome a-board.

You'll find this forum to be a healing place ... lots of varying views and opinions and lots of respect for the most part. Quite a few scholarly folks and extensive research available on the 'org. commonly referred to as the BORG (resistance is futile ... you will be assimilated ... or destroyed at Armageddon ... bwwhhhaaa hahaaaaa)

• upside/down
    upside/down

Woe to any who cause stumbling...

Dang we're guilty as charged... again.

Welcome!

u/d

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

smorgle, you can post your name/congregation/etc if you want. There are no rules about that.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I think we're allowed to say pretty much anything about ourselves we are comfortable revealing.

~Merry

• smorgle
    smorgle

Is everyone on this board simply ex-JW and still christian or ex-jw and not christian? or do we have a healthy mix of christians, atheist and pagans alike?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

<---------------Ex-JW and not a christian.

Dragonlady76

• xjwms
    xjwms

Welcome Smorgle

Interesting name... how did you come up with that?

• jgnat
    jgnat

<----- Christian here, vanilla flavour. I would vote for "healthy mix". Dose nasty atiests mak me tink.

• melmac
    melmac

As far as I know, i't's a boiling pot of beliefs (or disbeliefs), but mainly ex-JWs. And you are allowed to post the KH where you attended. HOWEVER, most here would not find that advisable, because they still attend, and if they are identified, they will probably be disfellowshipped.

Welcome aboard.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Hi smorgle, and a warm welcome.

I never been a jw but joined (the board - not the org) to get loved ones out. Was a catholic, then Adventist (ie Watchtower's older cousin) then lapsed sorta agnostic past 25 years. Now a cross between agnostic & christian. And some ex-JWs think they're confused!? The Christian bit is through studying Bible with blinkers off for first time in my life, in my effort to get people "out". Still working on it. I've met great people here!

P.S. If gadget reads this, thanks friend for the text & call at weekend, appreciated!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit