by smorgle 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Welcome Smorgle

This is a great place, hope you enjoy.

Dragonlady76

• smorgle
    smorgle

My story! Well I was raised a JW since birth. I didnt have my doubts until I was about 13 but being so young and living with my zealot father kinda kept me in the "truth" The elders at the kingdom hall were horrible to me and my mother after my parents got a divorce...So I left the truth as soon as I was away from my father when I moved into with my mom. I did however on occasion still attend meetings and research and study but all that just strengthened(sp?) my opinion on the religion and christianity on a whole. I am 24 and my father still puts his "faith" ahead of his children...ironically its the same faith that turned both his children away from the truth. There is a whole lot more to the story I want to see how things go on this board before posting "the rise and fall of smorgle's Jehovahs-Witness reign" smorgle

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

welcome traveller...hope to see you round...

DB

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    ironically its the same faith that turned both his children away from the truth

Ironic indeed! My wife's mother is a rabid JW, she refused to hug her DF'd daughter, despite her asking for a hug. Can you even imagine refusing to hug your own daughter over a disagreement about the Bible? (She was DF'd for "apostasy", it's not like she's "bad association") Based on that kind of treatment, she's supposed to want to come back?!?

Amazing...

Welcome to the forum!

Dave

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Welcome, smorgle!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I enjoyed your story but for one thing. I keep tripping over an oxymoron. The "truth????". Call it the "organization" or "organization of imperfect men", "deceived organization of imperfect people" or "DOIP" or something like that.

Oh, and by the way, welcome, smorgle!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Welcome Smorgle.

• smorgle
    smorgle

OMG! Wouldn't hug her daughter! I have noticed that nobody post information on what hall they attended...the forum guidelines werent to specific...are we not allowed to?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Giving up that term 'the truth' is surprisingly hard when you first leave the dubs.. its imbedded in your brain and it does not want to leave.

GBL

• smorgle
    smorgle

I do think its hilarious...Its like saying drinking drain-o is healthy its the "truth"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit