Brits. Will you vote in next month's General Election?

by nicolaou 41 Replies latest social current

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

As everyone had guessed, the Election has been set for May 5th. Personally, this is my first opportunity 'post WT mind-control' to vote for our next government. I don't suppose that I will - 40 years of 'neutrality' and non-involvement have rather flattened my desire to take part in political change.

How about you?

• kls
    kls

Well i am not a Brit but i voted in our last election in the U.S for the first time and i was scared to death but i did it for me and to show the WT they can stick it up their ass. I is a Apostate!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Labour and Conservative are just horses of a different colour. The LibDems have no chance. Some choice, eh!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Yep defo gonna!

First time too.

• scotsman
    scotsman

I'll vote, as it at least gives me the right to whinge afterward, something you can't do if you don't vote Nico. Having said that, the vote for Westminster isn't as fair as the one for Holyrood, where we get 2 choices, and both of mine counted.

Fair enough not voting on principle, but not voting out of apathy...

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Dammit. Supposed to be going to Alton Towers that day.

-

Ignored One.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Yea - anything to remove Labour (who I have supported every time so far) who are erroding many things I stand for. Like money, cheap housing and the right to smack children hehehe (JK about the last one!).

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

as long as we can cut Bliar's majority down that would at least be a good thing. i didnt bother last election cos i was in my jw honeymoon period, but i'll see who has the best chance of winning the seat in my area against labour, and i'll vote for them. i'd rather go for liberal dems cos they're against the ID card system. but hey, its all a load of old b@ll@cks. i really shouldnt encourage them.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Scotsman you make a good point but I feel a bit like this - someone offers me a choice between a Golden Delicious, a Granny Smiths or a Cox's Orange Pippin. It's great that I have a choice and the freedom to choose but what if i don't like apples?

Guess I'd vote for the Green Party.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Good question, Nicolaou.

Yup, I'll be another 'virgin voter.' But who to vote for?

• Labour: no way, after Blair's lies over Iraq.
    • Tory: there's still 'something of the night' in Howard.
    • Nats: Maybe some time in the future.
    • Greens: But I like my car...
    • LibDems: Might as well give them a chance. They've done pretty well at Holyrood...

So that's decided, then, unless any other party pledges to slash the duty on whisky...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit