If you were God ,The Creator of all things, how would you handle rebellion?

by disciple 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dustin
    Dustin

If God wanted a world full of loyal followers he should not have granted us free will. I rebel because it makes me feel justified of who I am. Was Satan wrong? Have we ever heard his side of the story? Rebellion is something deep within all natural leaders. Why would God put that in us if wasn't to be used?

• cheeseman
    cheeseman
    This is a fundemental problem with the Judaeo/Christian creation story. This God who himself is said to be able to do no evil, creates beings who can.

Peacefulpete, you've got it. A perfect God cannot create beings that can "make themselves" imperfect, for a perfect creation would act perfectly in a impeccably perfect manner ALWAYS and NEVER make a mistake. That's perfection. How could the perfect Satan suddenly fail? How could a perfect Adam and Eve suddenly fail also? This whole damn tale doesn't make any sense from the very beginning.

I think we should go back to the good old days, gather all those bibles up and have ourselves a barbecue.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

the creator aint that creative after all. do or die. there are game designers out there who are much more creative.

"world of warcraft" anyone? it's a fantasy online gaming world. if you are killed, you can be revived in several different manners. you can talk to the angel at the graveyard to bring you back to life, a fellow gamer with special skills can revive you or your spirit has to run and search for it's body. now that's cool, isn't it?

a way to handle "rebellion"? you mean satan wanting to be god? hey, that's a simple one -

satan: "daddy, i want to be like you!"
    me: "that's alright, son, you'll get a brand new planet for christmas, and it'll be all yours to command"

• Shania
    Shania

Great question, If I were the Creator, had it within my power to fix a problem the moment it happened I would snap my fingers and poof-----Adam and Eve are perfect again and tell Satan get the hell up here in heaven so I can give you a time out.....................then poof ----Satan is an Angel all over again......... it is easy to fix the problem in the beginning then to wait thousands of years till things are worse and everybody is blaming God for all the evil................

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Me being God, the Almighty and creator of all things???!!! THINGS WOULD FOR SURE BE DONE MY WAY, OR AWAY YOU GO!

I for sure wouldn't have allowed all these years of horrible suffering, caos, and death.

DY

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

I'll send them to the watch tower society!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit