If you were God ,The Creator of all things, how would you handle rebellion?

by disciple 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kls
    kls

yeah and I can see a big pile of monkey crap falling on top of any dissenting creations as well..

Yes ,,,they is called love nuggets

Never piss off a monkey or you will get the end results.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

i would have squashed it and started over. How difficult would it be, being almighty, to clean the slate completely and start over?..... Beats making wagers with the souls of my creation to see who can draw more people to my side....

• kls
    kls

Mastodon, have i ever told you you're avatar really creeps me out.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

KLS...nope...but that's the idea! ;)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Id change basically everything.

LOL.... so would I.

If I were the Great Mommuu, Queen of the Universe, this would be the rule:

You kids play nice! In other words, Don't make me come back there!

Jeannie

• bebu
    bebu
    Something that always bothered me about the universal sovereignty issue is that according to the witnesses, God's right to rule was going to be hinged upon the tiny minority of the faithful, when the vast majority rejected his reign.

So the only thing that this colossal test has proven is that by and large God's sovereignty has been rejected. He has failed his own test.

You are probably right, if the witnesses 'explanation' holds water.

I've never heard of such a reason before in my life--I've never been a witness, obviously. It really sounds cheesy.

bebu

edited to add: jeannie, this was not a criticism aimed at you! Just at the WTS.

• Golf
    Golf

I don't have to be God to handle rebellion, I have six grown sons & daughters and I didn't have any serious problems. When I spoke (not from the mountain either) they listened.

Golf

• Satanus
    Satanus

And now, for something completely different Yhwh/the creator is the 'rebel'. By the mere act of creating the universe, he/it has disturbed the transcendant tranquility. The transcendant tranquility has nothing about it (well, it may possibly be aiding it's evolution/development/unfolding). It lets the rebel play out it's little rebellion until it naturally comes to it's conclusion, whatever/however that may come to be.

Historically, some of this idea is contained in pantheism, gnosticism, and perhaps in hinduism.

S

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Re: If you were God ,The Creator of all things, how would you handle rebellion?

I would personally kill off everyone.If I bumped off Satin,the demons,all the angels...the entire earth and JC himself I could go back to square one.

I would then be by myself and not have to be pissed off about anyone not wanting to worship me.I could then recreate them at my leisure but with a little better control of things.Who would ever know ????

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

If I were 'God' and myself capable of knowing the right and best way to act in any situation and so bound by these priciples so as to never do evil, I would make sons like myself or none at all. This is a fundemental problem with the Judaeo/Christian creation story. This God who himself is said to be able to do no evil, creates beings who can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit