If you were God ,The Creator of all things, how would you handle rebellion?

by disciple 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• disciple
    disciple

So many times we second guess God or our conception of Him and we discuss why this or that does not make sense or could not be, or is not fair.

Then how would you if you were God (with unlimited power) handle rebellion?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

That's a pretty broad question there. Can you be a little more specific? What kind of rebellion?

If my child ate a piece of fruit that I told him he couldn't have, I wouldn't murder him and all his children for it, if that's where you?re going with this...

J

• doogie
    doogie

hmm...i'd make sure that it hurts like hell whenever my sinful female creatures made new creatures.

i assume your question was serious though, so i'll give a more serious answer. IMO, if you bestow 'free will' upon your creation, then there is no such thing as 'rebellion'. if, however, i set rules for how my creation could and could not behave and then they broke the rules, i would kill them. i would not allow them to continue living and bring forth more creatures. i would simply kill them and make no erroneous claims that they ever had 'free will' because they didn't. they disobeyed and rebelled.

• zman
    zman

*Said in the voice of a Mafia Boss* "Was you talkin to me Satan, was you talkin to me" *wack* "does any of use-other angels got a problem with that?" So thats the way if feel it should of been handled. Think of all the pain and suffering that could have been avoided in the name of 'justice'. But then you get into the whole freewill vs freedom vs utopia mess, so who knows.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

If I set up a world of intelligent beings, laid down some basic laws of conduct that sum up to "don't hurt anybody", then found out that one or more such beings was not acting in harmony with my laws, I'd take action against them. Maybe I'd set up a penal colony and place my rebels there. Or maybe I'd kill 'em off. Depends on the level of infraction, but as an all-knowing God, I could work out what levels of infraction warranted what levels of punishment. I sure wouldn't care what the rest of them thought, I wouldn't feel the need to "settle universal issues of sovereignty" or any such thing. There would be no issues, the buck stops here.

Also, as an all-knowing God, I would be able to tell when a person was fully committed to doing something wrong against another person and stop them. No one would commit murder in my world (except maybe me, but since I'm doing it, it wouldn't really be "murder"), or theft, or any other crime against another person. I'd stop the violent husband's fist before it could connect with the wife's jaw. I'd snatch the kids out of the way of cars. That actually sounds like it would be alot of fun. Think of the adoration I'd receive from my faithful subjects as I protected them from accidents and intentional violence!

(Ever see the Futurama episode where Bender got to play God for awhile?)

Dave

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Something that always bothered me about the universal sovereignty issue is that according to the witnesses, God's right to rule was going to be hinged upon the tiny minority of the faithful, when the vast majority rejected his reign.

So the only thing that this colossal test has proven is that by and large God's sovereignty has been rejected. He has failed his own test.

Jeannie

• Valis
    Valis

Give angels free will then if they started messing with my toys I would take away their powers and send them to earth...with a nagging spouse waiting, 6 kids and a job washing windows. I would then make them attend meetings where they got to listen to each other bitch about how bad it is down here on earth and how they hoped one day to get back to where they were before...I would alos give some of my earth toys the technology to explore space safely and find my the stuff I hid throughout the universes..

• kls
    kls

I would have Valis breath on them ,,,,,that should straighten them out.

• Valis
    Valis

yeah and I can see a big pile of monkey crap falling on top of any dissenting creations as well..

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

For one thing I would let them SEE me so that they would actually know that I exist and that there will be consequences for their actions. I wouldnt make up stupid rules that are not important for the well being of the civilization either.. basicly the only rule I would have would be to treat other people the way you want to be treated. If they really screw up I wouldnt murder them - I wouldnt make people pre-disposed to anti social behavior like stealing and murder.

All in all its a tough question to answer because all we know is the world we have now, and the way we inherently think. Id change basically everything.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit