The Dumbed Down Awake Sinks Lower ( May 8)

by metatron 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The latest Awake has, on its final inside page, a section called "For Family Review" that consists of questions

that Witless families can ask their kids after they've read the magazine.

It sounds like another weekly study for the "family" is coming up. Look for it next year when they change to a monthly format.

Each week at home the family can have a WT study, awake study,book study and KM study.This is to prepare for the rehash at the hall.They might offer a carrot to the parents by allowing them to "count time" for the new study.This would help the WT to get their hours up which would prove that Jah is blessing their efforts and if it fails....WELL they know how to put the spin on that also.

jealousy that you can't circulate 20odd million each issue?
    They don't circulate 20 million...They print 20 million. Most wind up in recycle without ever being read. I know...I take my wifes discards out twice a year. I once suggested to her that they should have an old magazine drive..take all of them and stuff them in all the doors.They could get their placements up and please the PO and CO. I don't know why she didn't like my idea. ATT Bethel Lurkers...bump this idea upstairs as a good way to get rid of the TRASH. (brownie points)
  • iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    They don't circulate 20 million...They print 20 million.

I was thinking this so I checked when I got home. Sure enough, the figure represents the number of magazines printed, not circulated.

I remember how my own stacks of magazines always piled up and ended up in the recycling bin. And I knew many JWs who had suitcases filled with unplaced literature and magazines. Reminds me of an Amway distributer I once knew who had a ton of unsold products.

It makes me wonder if the average magazine placements recorded in the KM each month is actually magazines placed or the number of magazines printed, or shipped out of Bethel.

Walter

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

This is kinda harsh but a household of my old witness buddies used to use Watchtower and Awakes as toilet paper when they ran out of, er, toilet paper. I swear on my honor this is true.

GBL

• gdt
    gdt

Wow, some responses.

GBL, i trust your grandmum is at least peaceful and not in pain, awful time to handle, I wonder how an agnostic could say "God, I hope things get better'??

Scully: really? I can't remember after reading the Awake for 25 yrs too that there was a promise of degrees and $$'s, I didn't even get paid for my article published way back (The school that never rings a bell) mid 1900's. oh dear, really.

Walter: donations on way...be patient

SNG: you are too, but lost me on the black and white squares bit.......and the feeling of just being a random sperm getting lost..?? oh well, you too?

RMan have pm'd you, thanks.

Cheers to all,

gdt.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    This is kinda harsh but a household of my old witness buddies used to use Watchtower and Awakes as toilet paper when they ran out of, er, toilet paper.

What a wonderful use of the society's spiritual tripe!!!

I thought of it but never did it. I didn't want to defile my arse with inferior paper, not to mention the ink stains that might build up in my trench. Can you imagine the multicolored skid marks you could leave behind after wiping your butt with a nice, bright, picture of paradise?

Walter

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

gdt,

Be thankful to your sadistic tribal God that you didnt say that to me in person.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Can you imagine the multicolored skid marks you could leave behind after wiping your butt with a nice, bright, picture of paradise?

LMAO

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"This is kinda harsh but a household of my old witness buddies used to use Watchtower and Awakes as toilet paper when they ran out of, er, toilet paper."

Hopefully not back in the 1970s when they were printed on that horrible pulpy paper with splinters still visible ...

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

gdt,

lost me on the black and white squares bit.......and the feeling of just being a random sperm getting lost..?? oh well, you too?

Just give it some careful thought and read the other posts on the thread. With regard to second half of your quote above, I couldn't really understand what you were trying to say. PM me if you need help - the evidence in several of those threads is really compelling, so it's worth taking the time to understand it. The thread you're speaking of was not an evidence thread, just a description of how natural selection works, and what is and is not random.

Hope that helps!

SNG

• willyloman
    willyloman

I've always thought they did the awake so the dubs wouldn't look to any other sources for leisure reading. If they are going to control everything their followers read, they better come up with fluff, too.

Bingo!

It makes me wonder if the average magazine placements recorded in the KM each month is actually magazines placed or the number of magazines printed, or shipped out of Bethel.

It's the number of magazines publishers report having placed, whether they did or not; it doesn't indicate how many of those placements were to their kids or other captive audiences, nor does it say what the householders may have done with them after they picked them up from under their door mat or inside their screen doors, or whether they really read them after accepting them from the dub at the because of basic human kindness or compassion, or because it seemed a good way to get rid of the witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit