The Dumbed Down Awake Sinks Lower ( May 8)

by metatron 48 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The latest Awake has, on its final inside page, a section called "For Family Review" that consists of questions

that Witless families can ask their kids after they've read the magazine. This new feature follows questions

provided on the Dumbed Down Kingdom Ministry - and suggested presentations that can be repeated word for

word therein. It also follows the demise of the "Written Review" in the TM School.

The same Awake ( May 8) also includes two full pages of pictures of how movies are made. I showed it to

a loyal sister and she quietly said "I guess they really are running out of things to print" ( !!)

Do they ever hit bottom? Will the Awake turn into a sort of "manga" comic book for the illiterate?

More than that, do the ivory tower enshrined fools who write this stuff never catch on that Witness kids

quickly learn to parrot whatever answers are expected of them? that the organization's hypocrisy and pretense

teach them to 'live a double life'? that more enforced studying is not the answer?

Do they ever grasp the wisdom of the saying, " the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and

over again and expecting a different result"?

Does reality ever sink in?

metatron

• Jez
    Jez

Oh boy, yes, this is exactly what I thought when I saw it. I was showing it to my husband laughing my head off at the fact that every article (save 2 pages I think) has NOTHING to do with JWs, religion or God. They do the token last paragraph, somehow tying it to God, but it is REALLY ridiculous.

If the end is tomorrow, any day now, sooner than you think, WHY are they printing these kinds of articles? Perhaps they are priming themselves for Jeopardy. Come on JWs, TELL the people what is really going on in the world if you believe it soooooooo much!!! Are the stones going to cry out and tell us how coffee is made? How film are produced? What a butterfly is? about the world's libraries?

I just don't get it anymore and I predict that someday the Awake will stop. Now i think it is nothing more than an easy way to keep their JWs out in service and busy in 'theocratic activities'. They have nothing else to give them.

Jez

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

That's got to be making placements harder. I never used the Witchtower as my lead, but always tucked it in the Awake and used an article from the Awake to speak at the door. No one ever wanted the Witchtower and I knew it....

If it's been reduced to mindless drivel, the pubs must be going nuts, that is if they still give a widows wart about the preaching work...

J

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Will the Awake turn into a sort of "manga" comic book for the illiterate?

Isn't that what it's always been? Do you mean it's become even worse than previously?

Someone, please post some scans. I'd like to see their new version of what they like to call the "equivilent of a college education."

Walter

• love11
    love11
    The same Awake ( May 8) also includes two full pages of pictures of how movies are made.

Please educate me "awake" on the finer points of how to make a movie.hahahaha

Hey, I thought they weren't supposed to be a part of this world?!!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Are the stones going to cry out and tell us how coffee is made? How film are produced? What a butterfly is? about the world's libraries?

LMAO. It's not like any of the witnesses read this junk anyways. They could be writing articles endorsing the UN and nobody would notice.. wait.. they already are..

GBL

• gdt
    gdt

condemnation....criticism....'i can do better than you'....jealousy that you can't circulate 20odd million each issue? that you can't produce the quality print and variety of human topics?

Come on guys/gals...what are you doing better before you condemn? It must justify your own position, or something like that.

Had to say what I felt about the supposedly 'dumbed down' Awake. Please direct me to your product.

gdt

• Scully
    Scully
    Will the Awake turn into a sort of "manga" comic book for the illiterate?

LMAO .. if they ever did that, my 12 year old could do the illustrations... she is so totally into that kind of thing.

Oh, and hasn't "David Moses" already done something like that?? Would "David Moses" sue the WTS for infringing on their technology?? heh heh

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Come on guys/gals...what are you doing better before you condemn?

hmmm... not running a f**cked up religious cult come to mind.. not cohersing people to deny life saving blood transfusions, not shunning my friends and family, not having sex with the alleged wild beast of Revelation, ect. ad nauseum.

I think helping formerly brain dead cultists out of the dubs is better than forcing people to sell religeous propaganda. IMO.

• catchthis
    catchthis
    "manga" comic book

Have you been watching The Apprentice lately, or do you have a little Italiano in your blood?

catch, who wouldn't mind trying out the Manga Meatball Pie from Domino's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit