Mental Migets

by mrsjones5 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yesterday, while I was folding and getting ready my papers for my Saturday paper route, I was in the jw chatroom on Yahoo. There were quite a few jws there (which has become an unsual thing - most diehard jw chatters have gone to paltalk where the control over a chatroom is more rigid) and I engaged a couple of these jws. I asked my usual stumper "Is there any historical proof for the year 607 B.C.E.? And if there is, where is it?" Got no answer other than someone giving me an definition of what B.C.E. meant. Asked the question again. Was immediatedly labeled an apostate. Was told that my god was satan. Was told that what ever information I had looked at on the matter was from an apostate site and that I needed to get back to the hall and read my bible because the answer to my question was there - this after no one could show me exactly where in the bible this answer was.

So, I got to thinking. I am so glad that I am no longer involved with a religious organization that causes it's members to be mental midgets. That requires it's members to limit their mental capabilities (not one of these admitted to using google - they seemed to have a fear of search engines). I am no mental giant but compared to what I saw in that room yesterday I feel like Einstein.

Josie

• kls
    kls

That is their answer for eveything ,go to meeting and all will be revealed but don't ask questions or you will be branded an Apostate.

Sounds about right to me.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Wow, it never fails to amaze me that the JW mindset is so sad and controlled. And ready to jump out and DEFEND with their heads deep in the sand. I'm glad you are not among them anymore too. I never was a JW but stay around here to learn what some of my family members have been taught...very scary.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

S-s-s-s-six-oh-s-s-s-s-seven? Are y-y-y-y-you an Ap-p-p-p-post-t-t-t-tate?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

There is no reasoning with some people. They will not allow it, a circuit breaker trips somewhere their mind in response to certain questions, the power goes off and the eyes dim into nothingness...

J

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Who can argue with circular logic?

It all makes sense if you can make sense of it!

• Flindersgirl
    Flindersgirl

My father always had a saying which he used to refer to the 'light' put out by the WBTS...he called it "intellectual pablum" and I have always thought that was a very accurate way to put it...when I was doing research for my doctorate and reading far more extensively in the material than I ever did as a JW I used to wonder how on earth I took any of this stuff seriously.

World cure for insomnia...just read JW stuff....

Cheers!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Why do they have to read anything other then the WT and Asleep! since it provides all they need to live forever? Plus, remember that qestioning a WTS teaching is the equivilant to questioning God. These two factors make for a very closed mind.

Kwin

• rebel8
    rebel8

I can't argue with the concept; you are right!

If you're going to apply negative labels about people's intelligence though, at least spell it correctly.

From www.dictionary.com

midg·et

1. Belonging to a type or class much smaller than what is considered standard: a midget automobile.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

TY Rebel!

I didnt have my dictionary handy, but if you read closely I did have it right in the body of my post - so all is not lost. Oh and I did close by saying that I am not mental giant myself.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit