Hi There

by Quentin 23 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome!

• Quentin
    Quentin

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I do have a question and will post it here instead of opening a new thread.

As I mentioned my father went back to the WTS and passed away a staunch JW. At first we remained close. In ?95 I finally sent a DA letter and was DF after two brothers were sent to find out if I was serious, about the letter, they didn?t call or send a letter, Dad?s the one who told me. Being Df didn?t bother me in the lest, of course our relationship changed, which made me sad.

Now here?s the thing, my dad and stepmother (non JW) had divorced and he went into the full time ministry. He bought a travel trailer and moved around some, going were the need was great, until his health got bad. When he died I inherited his estate, such as it was. His door-to-door buddy came around and wanted me to ?return? all of the WT literature my dad possessed, even his NWT with his name stamped on the cover and full of his personal notes. I refused which the ?brother? didn?t take well. He then approached my non-JW aunt and insisted she ?recover? the books and such, even asking her to get his book bag. He hit me up again after the funeral service. By then I?d had enough and wasn?t kind.

Now the question: Is this something new, that is post ?74? I think about it from time to time and wonder, did this fellow have a problem or did it come from the KH/WTS? I never saw, or heard of anything like that being done when I was in.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Welcome to the board!

I don't know if taking literature is common-place, but all I can say is that I hope you didn't give any to them. Such books are useful for the fight against the WT, especially the older, more embaressing ones.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I didn't give up one page. In fact I have dad's old Aid to Bile Understanding, as well as the next generation replacment.

Saddly when my mother died all of the WT literature she had was lost. There were bound volumes back to the early 50s and some of Russell and Rutherford's books my grandmother had.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Hi Quentin -

Glad to have you join us.

I am not aware of any WTS guideline for 'who gets the literature' when someone dies. I think it was more likely that his ministry partner felt that you would not value the material the same way he would.

Sorry for the added strain put on you with that. Odd people.

-Aude.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Welcome to the forum. *Empties a chair for Quentin* make yourself right at home!

• Es
    Es

Welcome :) es

• trevor
    trevor

Quentin

Good to hear from you. Why don't you post a little of what you have told us about yourself on your biography under your profile.

It would mean that whenever you post, people will be able to click your profile and read a little about you, as it is intersesting to know your story and your posts will make more sense.

Java ran a thread on this point a few days back and it was that that made me more aware of the value of the biographys.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Welcome to the forum!!!

Weird about the "recovering of the books"..........not something I ever heard before.

Good for you for not giving them up........they were your father's, and you should do with them as you see fit.

Jes

• Dansk
    Dansk

Welcome, Quentin! Good to have you here!!

Ian

Has anyone seen Bryan's mother?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit