What was your most embarrassing moments in the " feild service"?

by new boy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

We had just bought a car from this guy at my ex-hub job..and he had a rainbow flag on the bumper, so we were out in field service preaching in an all gay community. we didnt know that they had a special flag, anyway this guy starts coming on to my hubby and he got offended and got in the car to leave... so the guy yells out "you preach against homosexuals yet you have the flag on your car what kind of idiot are you"

• love11
    love11

Me and another girl went to this door where this woman was supposed to be deaf, but could read lips. So it took an extra long time saying things really slowly. We were talking at her door for about 20 min. when the other girl fainted right onto my left shoulder and I almost fell. The woman came out with water and candy as I tried to revive her. Afterwards, her mom yelled at her in the van for fainting. I saw that woman a couple of months later and she was working at McDonald's, she heard everyone behind her. So I'm sure she had a good laugh at me trying to explain things very slowly mouthing the words really big. Geesh!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I will never forget the time myself and sister and another brother who thought of himself as a Fabio, farted at the door just as the house holder opened her door. Talk about embarrassing. My sister and I could hardly contain ourselves. You must be wondering why there was three of us at the door. Well we. moi and my sister had just moved to Montreal to learn french from the Society's French Class. Because our French was pretty aweful we worked with this brother so we could learn a good presentation. What a laugh..

On another occasion my sister and I were working together in the service and she told me Terry I don't seem to be having much sucess in placing literature. People are so rude they just close the doors and some slam them right in my face.

She was some dissapointed, poor thing. ( We were in Montreal still studing French). I said to her well what exactly are you saying to people, because I was doing great and placing lots of magizines and books. So she told me what she was saying to people at the door. Well I began to laugh so hard, because she was trying so hard to be serious. If you understand French you'll know what she was saying . In french the words to say. "We see so much violence and wickedness, wars in the world and we wonder if they were ever come to an end." We See is (nous voyons). But sweet Debbie was saying. ( Nous volons) which when translated means, "We Want so much violence and wickedness and wars. etc etc.

Well no wonder people were closing the doors in her face. Poor dear I will never forget that so long as I live. We sure had a good chuckle about it for many years.

Oh we had many come to the doors butt naked. We had some great times when we pioneered together in Montreal.

Love Orangefatcat.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

We were doing unassigned territory in West Virginia. A woman came to the door holding her cordless phone and said" sorry, I'm on a long distance phone call" Right then her phone rang.

I fell out laughing and got the sh!t beat out of me later.

• Mary
    Mary

Oh lordy, we were out in Service out in the country and I dragged a teenaged boy to the door and made him do the call, even though he hadn't bothered reading the mags. This guy was the original Bart Simpson.

Anyway, the house we were at was really dumpy. Screen door was slashed and hanging on one hinge, garbage and toys and crap EVERYWHERE on the front porch and the entire place stank like a whorehouse at low tide. So he knocks real quiet on the door, but lo and behold the guy comes to the door. He looked like a human version of the house: really dumpy. So my uh "Service partner" kinda mumbles "...uh, ya, we're offering the Watchtower and Awake magazines for 50 cents.....do you want them?" So the guy actually says "ya, okay" and goes to get the money. Well Mr. Smarty Pants was at first shocked, then swelling with smug pride that he actually was placing some mags and as we're standing there waiting, he remarks rather loudly "...What a fly-infested dump!" I slapped him upside the head because with the screen being ripped half off, the guy could clearly hear the remark, and judging by the look on his face when he came back, he most certainly did hear it.

I was totally embarassed!!!

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

We had a sister in one of the Halls we went to that was very old, but had been pioneering forever. If I remember right she had for 40+ years. Her name was Myrtle, and she was probably the only one I had seen in my life that just LOVED going door to door to talk to people. Problem was, she was very hard of hearing. I remember many times being sent to a door with her and when the person would tell her they weren't interested, or pretty much "Go Away", she wouldn't hear a word of it. I was pretty young, and afraid to interrupt her, so I remember many times the householder having to just shut the door on our faces because we wouldn't just leave.

On the other hand she placed alot of magazines simply because the household thought that would be the quickest way to get her off their porch!

• aprilbaby
    aprilbaby

My father was an elder and without fail we went out in service for a full 2 hours every Saturday and every Sunday. So you can imagine how many times I had to go to a classmates house during all those years. It felt like dying a thousands death each time. My most embarrassing moment though was when I was about 15 and for some reason was waiting for my father to finish up at a house. I was standing on the corner just feeling embarrassed and hoping that no one I knew would see me. When the lady my father was talking to yelled at me from the door and said "It's drunken prostitutes like that that need to come and listen to the lord" or something to that effect. My father was visibly shaken when he finished and came walking back to me. He said, "WHAT were you doing that would make that women say that to you??? She said you were "swaying" back and forth all over the street. I told him that I wasn't doing anything! I was just standing there waiting for you! He didn't believe me and was so very embarrassed that he took me straight to our car and we were finished for that day!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Right then her phone rang.

that is too funny...

• freedom96
    freedom96

Mine was when I was giving the prayer before field service, and out of nowhere I started praying to Jesus instead of Jehovah!

• delilah
    delilah

Most embarrassing time was when a pioneer sister and i went to a house. The doorknocker was a wooden woodpecker, you pull the chain, and it's beak pecked . Well she pulled it and the guy came to the door, wearing only a towel[he was VERY goodlooking] . She was so embarrassed that she blurted out 'nice knocker you have there', and i burst out laughing. Mary, you should know of whom i speak??? Holy Holly, Mother of God!!!!!!! I will never forget it, we just left him standing there, grinning LMAO

Dee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit