Does anyone know how members of GB are chosen?

by cyborgVision 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the thing about lots is that whether or not they were influenced by holy spirit at least they removed the element of favouritism or conspiracy.....today if any additions to gb are done by votes or individual choice of loudest voice or strongest personality on body who humble bros choose not to argue with(as so often happens with elders appointments-and would appear to be the case with theo) then it just dilutes the whole god-chose-us stance

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

Thats so true tijkmo, can't believe I was so blind for all these years, almost want to slap myself lol

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

good one ozziepost :)
    Something to think about

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Does anyone know how members of GB are chosen?

They observe as the "candidates" walk around bethel saying to people: "Hey, pull my finger".

Whoever generates the biggest look of surprise is the one who gets to join the GB.

• blondie
    blondie
    Here's a provocative (possibly) question about Judas Iscariot.

Was he replaced by Jesus or by men? Sure they used lots which was an "acceptable" way of doing things then, but was Matthias God's choice? I ask that because you never about him again, yet Jesus' choice of Paul resulted in the expansion and blossoming of chritianity as a world religion.

So.......

OK, I'm naughty - this is off-topic.

Ozziepost, I have thought the same thing...Matthias chosen by men (lots not ever again in the Bible account). Paul's selection fairly obvious to those around him and others that something unusual had happened... Blondie (off-topic)

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Also as you clime WT hierarchy do you see evenly distributed positions of responsibility across races or is it mainly uniform?

My experience is that race is not an issue in the WT hierarchy. I live in the Deep South in the USA and there seem to as many black elders, circuit overseers, etc as whites. The lack of racism in the WTS is one of the things that initially drew me to it.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    My experience is that race is not an issue in the WT hierarchy. I live in the Deep South in the USA and there seem to as many black elders, circuit overseers, etc as whites. The lack of racism in the WTS is one of the things that initially drew me to it.

Fairmind ... putting people of color in positions of power OVER people of color is nothing new. It is practised in corporations/franchises in urban areas all the time (I am from Detroit ... I also work in Supplier Diversity). The issue with the governing body is that the people who have the POWER and CONTROL in the organization are all white! Even though they have an African American on the body now, don't believe that he is necessarily representing the 'black perspective' on the body. More than likely, it's no different than when a black officer rises through the ranks of the military (as I've seen reported on 60 minutes). They learn to walk the walk, and talk the talk in order to be accepted ... ie. golf, country music, , skiing, hunting etc. Things many people of color aren't into or never get to do. I may sound like I am generalizing here, but I've been black all my life, was bused to white schools and have been the first person of color hired at 3 corporations. I know my stuff. Racism is rampant though not always obvious to those who haven't experienced it.

Another problem with the GB is that they are so far removed from reality they think we are all alike, regardless of personal experience, upbringning, environment, education, race, nationality and so forth. Very small minded, uniformed, unconcerned men controlling the lives of millions around the world. And you can't tell them nothing!!!

• upside/down
    upside/down

eeny meeny miny SCHMO!

Your it

u/d (of the you're it class)

• Dansk
    Dansk
    eeny meeny miny SCHMO!

Your it

Yep, that's the best spiritual reasoning I could come up with, too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit