I'll be disfellowshipped next week

by sass_my_frass 39 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

SaF -

Thanx for telling us the story.

I won't pretend to know the answer in your case. But I know that it became impossible in my case to play the game, once we knew the facts about the organization and it's lies.

It is a tough out - shunning, being judged, mistreatment, false friends. But being true is what living the 'truth' is about, right? Otherwise it is the 'lie', not the 'truth'. Right. I won't go back, although I understand the need for some to play the game for a while due to circumstances.

One poster suggested reading 'Crisis of Conscience'. I would suggest that you run, not walk to the nearlest online bookstore and get one ordered! I spent all my life in the wraps of this false religion - I wish I had read it 20 years earlier! Please do read it, and soon!

Jeff

• myelaine
    myelaine

sass_my_frass,

you said: Yes, I have decided to play the game.

I don't understand why anyone would put themselves through more BS, for a little while longer, just to please family. When you eventually leave won't you be hurting them even more because they will have had the impression that you had "come to your senses". Seems to me you do more harm than good in your course of action, but... then again, it is you and your family's lives, not mine. Wish the best for you and am glad that your heart, at least, has been turned from the WBTS.

love michelle

edited to add: please help me to understand.Tell me why you would betray your own KNOWLEDGE and go back to something wrong, when or if you know that it could mean your everlasting life?God is involved in this choice you are making.You could choose freedom.

• myelaine
    myelaine

sass_my_frass,

I'm sorry. Let me put that another way. Are you "aware" of God in your life?

michelle

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

SmF,

Thanks for sharing your story -- and doing so wittily.

I'm sorry I can't offer anything but a probably useless generality: relationships might be described as a two-step motion, (1) suddenly coming out as being who we are, at the risk of hurting others, (2) slowly negotiating new compromises with others on fresh grounds, at the risk of further hypocrisy, then (1), then (2), again and again.

We do change along the way; others change too. Both gradually and brutally: parts of today's faces are yesterday's masks, or repressed secrets.

Good luck wherever you go.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

At what point do you stand up for yourself and live the life you want? It won't be any easier 3 years from now to leave. Just going to meetings won't be enough. They will pressure you to do more, and then more, and then even more.

Welcome to the world of JW love..... it's highly conditional and emontionally cruel. Sorry but it doesn't get better until you start living on your terms. Not that it's easier...but more emotionally honest. Wouldn't it just be nice they could accept your new belief structure without all the dogma, hate, and stigma? Who's fault is that?

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Sass and welcome!

There's no simple, easy and straight forward answer really to your problem. But the best thing for all might be for you to do what you WANT to do and not what other people WANT and EXPECT you to do. It's not easy to do that, as sometimes we don't always know what we want for sure ourselves. So, if you don't want to go to meetings then DON'T! Your parents will recover. They might complain a bit but they don't sound like they'll shun you. But don't stay in that crazy nut house cult or you'll never get your head straight.

Sometimes it's difficult but best to just move on. Happiness only comes in being yourself. Perhaps its time to just grow up and no longer follow what your parents tell you to do.

Hope you can and I know it's not easy but it's the best way.

Good luck!

Gill

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Welcome Sass-my-frass.

I like your forum name.

• down but not out
  • integ
    integ

down but not out. Excellent observation. Totally agree.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Try again down but not out , maybe use chrome. And by the way welcome .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit