I'll be disfellowshipped next week

by sass_my_frass 39 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
  • Pwned
    Pwned

consider it a blessing i'd say, dont let them ruin your life, the best revenge is living well so they say. welcome to the board, cant wait to hear ur story.

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

So you finally managed it, lol

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

How is it going to affect you, Sass? Do you have family that will shun you?

My parents are not JW's, but my inlaw's all are and they are shunning me. I've only been DF'd for a week or two, so it hasn't been a problem yet. But I'll miss them eventually. I'm not looking forward to it.

But I'll never go back to the Watchtower.

Are you going for reinstatement, are you done with them?

Dave

• moanzy
    moanzy

Are you breathing a sigh of relief yet? I hope you are.

Moanzy

• love11
    love11

Don't know exactly your situation, but don't let guilt get the better of you- it's a mental prison! Hopefully you're not losing your family as well as your religion, like most of us have. xoxoxoxox Best Wishes to the good ones! That means you!

• Gadget
    Gadget

Wen I was disfellowshipped it hurt so much, but looking back now it was the catalyst that made things work out so much better for me. I hope it doesn't cause too many problems for you, welcome to the board.

Paul

• Golf
    Golf

S.A.F, as Love11 said, "...don't let guilt get the better of you..." If you plan to stay out, then make plans to replace the void. I know its easier said then done, but the sooner you replace the void, life becomes easier to deal with.

All the best.

Golf

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

Take long walks, call a friend from pre-WT times, go to theater or read a book you always wanted but never had a time to check it out. Do that all this before you start thinking, right what just happened.
    And come here when you are free, there?s always someone to talk to, and imagine what it could be someone on the other side of the planet. Now how cool is that. When did you have something like that being a cog in WT.

And tell us more (if you can) what's the issue? Can we help?

• Maverick
    Maverick

Why wait to take a beating from them? Go there Sunday and tell them you know they are full of crap and quit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit