Why remember the bad treatment?

by Joker10 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

I was treated like crap by the JW's all of my life. When I found this forum it was a way for me to share my experiences and people helped me understand that I wasn't the only one. It gave me the stregnth to abandon the fear,guilt, and hate that was left behind. If I can help others to achieve the same I would gladly do that.

People talk about it because it helps them.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Wow. 17,000 members.

No wonder the WTBTS website stats don't show a percentage increase or decrease...

• trevor
    trevor

Joker 10

The perfect name

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." --- words on sign found behind the corpse of the late Jim Jones, at the site of the People's Temple mass suicide.

• minimus
    minimus

Joker, it's not funny what people here have gone through. And it's not forgettable. The only ones that would ask, "Why remember the bad treatment?" are those that think everyone else's life is a joke. The joke is on you, Joker!

• codeblue
    codeblue

I think that Scully's comment about why remember the bad treatment, quoted with the best scriptures ever, is right on

Spiritual abuse is just as devastating as: emotional or physical.

A person can have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from Spiritual Abuse as well as emotional and physical.

If you aren't compassionate to listen to someone when they are suffering, WHO will listen to you when you are suffering when YOU want them to?

Remembering our spiritual abuse and talking about it is a way to "heal ourselves". We were once in a religion that we thought was the truth(tm) yet that religion never let us speak. We were told to never talk about "negative things"...yet they were the catalist for those negative things by the spiritual abuse they brought.

To be able to talk about those negativities gives validation to that experience. Once validation has been received, healing can begin.

CodeBlue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit