Why remember the bad treatment?

by Joker10 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

There are people who have had bad experiences and don't look back. But many people on this forum remember it and post about it almost, if not, everyday. Personally, i've had my share of bad moments. But i don't look back and get a kick out of it. I don't know how that is possible. Why do you think this happens?

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Commonality and justification IMO

• xjwms
    xjwms

This is a support group. Pain is shared and understood.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Joker,

Everyone is different. If you don't get a kick out of it then good for you. If they do get a kick out of it then good for them. People handle things the best way they know how. Don't put them down or think it is wrong because it isn't. Its called being human and having feelings.

Give advice and listen....Don't judge.

Brooke

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    But i don't look back and get a kick out of it

Neither do I

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    There are people who have had bad experiences and don't look back. But many people on this forum remember it and post about it almost, if not, everyday. Personally, i've had my share of bad moments. But i don't look back and get a kick out of it. I don't know how that is possible. Why do you think this happens?

Well, lets see.

I don?t remember that many post here where people have said, ?An awful thing happened to me eight years ago, and I?m so glad I found this site, let me explain: I got home from work(a particularly bad day I must add) and walking up the stairs to my front door, I stubbed my toe, and ouch did it hurt or what. Thanks for listening everyone?

However, I have read many posts containing ? Family and friends treat me as a cancer, they didn?t believe me when I was raped, I lost my friend because of a denied blood transfusion, Tormented at school, lost education, giving up cerreas? ad infinitum

So, Joker10, what?s your beef.

steve

ps I don't know if you are still a preaching JDub, however, the leading question at the end suggests to me that you are.

• blondie
    blondie

Why does the WTS remember the Holocaust and how JWs suffered during it? Shouldn't they just forget it?

g98 8/8 p. 6 Should We Remember the Past?/They Do Not Forget
    It is obviously very difficult for survivors to forget loved ones lost in war or in atrocities. However, most of those who want to remember massacres and genocides do so because they hope that the lessons drawn from their own suffering and the suffering of their loved ones will be useful in avoiding any repetition of such brutality.

Why Remember?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it," wrote the Spanish-American philosopher George Santayana. Sadly, it seems that over the course of millenniums, mankind quickly forgets its own past, thus condemning itself to commit the same bitter errors over and over.

Blondie

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I had forgotten all about it until you just mentioned it right now. Thanks a lot. Nothing like pissing on an open wound.

Really though, what difference does it make to you? Just because empathy isn't one of the fruits of the spirits (mmm, vodka coolers) that the JW's so faithfully follow , doesn't mean that it shouldn't be shown. To show empathy, you would first have to know what the problem is.

Also, discussion on a forum is a good outlet for many to express thoughts that they couldn't say to someone, for the same reason someone keeps a journal. It's easier for some to type to a computer screen and press enter. Expressing bad treatment lets others know that they're not alone in the problem.

So what bad treatment have you recieved Joker? You been DF'd for associating with apostates?

Kwin

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

When a person is hurt they look for aid....when you cut your finger you put a bandaid on it. you check it from time to time to see if it is healed. Once the cut is healed the bandaid comes off and you move on.

alot of people have been hurt or are hurting and are looking for aid. For me i'm going through a healing process once i am healed i will move on.

What is your purpose for reading the posts?

here is a line from a movie:

"This is a get over it generation. Why don't you just get over it? You get fired from your job after 20 years of faithful service...get over it.. your mate cheats on you....get over it.. Have you ever had something that you just can't get over?"

some people have served this organization for many years...some their whole lives..they feel abused and cheated after many years of faithful service...and they just can't get over it...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

As JW we were taught to do things we didn't really want to do, we were lied to,, we were abused by their propaganda which we where we need on a regular basis or else we would be come spiritually ill and lose out on everlasting life.

That type of abuse must be relived in some detail to deal with it and then move on,,to burry the pain deep in our psyhe will only harm us until we can make it conscious and release emotional energy. That's what I think therapy does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit