Why is an elder removed?

by purplesofa 48 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    If it were because of apostacy or apostate leanings, I would suppose at least a marking talk would be given.

would they ask him to participate in helping a newly appointed MS with book study then? If the above were true?

• blondie
    blondie

Even if an elder is removed and privately reproved, it should be evident in that he will not say prayers or answer at the meetings. He will not be able to read at meeting or do the mikes or sub behind the literature counter.

It could be that he just wants to take time off.

It could mean that he is not being a "team player."

Blondie

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    would they ask him to participate in helping a newly appointed MS with book study then? If the above were true?

No probably not. This sounds like insult to injury to me. weird.

• blondie
    blondie

If he is doing that purplesofa, he wasn't privately reproved.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    he will not say prayers

he said the closing prayer the night it was announced.

He is not going to let them give him any elder duties. It seems like they wanted him out for some reason.....but wanted to keep him to help out in some areas. (helping with book study)

I just have never been at any hall where an elder was DF or deleted.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I agree with whyamihere...the guy must have been too nice of a guy to fit in with the rest of the Boy's Club, or shall I say the Shark Club! He might have even of had a conscience!! Wow...just think of that!

Cathy L.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

no purple sofa they wouldnt..so if that is happening at least you can rule out any wrongdoing on his part....and to be fair the elders must be not collectively against him or they would use him for nothing at least for a while...it certainly seems a bit strange...

oh and well done blueblades...i think it is shocking that family members who have positions are afraid to.risk them to help a sibling spouse or child...they are afraid they will lose the position or some future potential priveledge and may well lose the family member as a result...i am facing exactly that scenario at the mo...all my family (except 1 sis) went along with the jc decision even when they knew it was wrong and while their being prepared to fight for me wouldnt have made a difference to the j.c. it would have made a difference to me

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

There's no chance he asked to be removed purple?

• flower
    flower

My father was removed for a short time because he 'wasnt presiding over his household in an exemplary manner'. In other words, my brothers were sneaking out at night and getting into trouble. Everything was the same but he no longer conducted the watchtower study on Sundays. Apparently its a requirement that you be able to control your own family before you can 'shepherd the flock'. Once he kicked all the trouble making children out of the house he was reinstated.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Isnt that crazy flower? Even Jehovah had some of his kids go bad and he wasnt deleted as god... hmm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit