Why is an elder removed?

by purplesofa 48 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    maybe he was fighting on behalf of someone being unjustly treated by a j.c.....he would be questioning the body and causing divisions.....i know cos it happened to an elder fighting for me....bastards

This would be my guess. But how can they scriptually do it? Can they do it for not going along with all the other elders. Can they do it if they just don't like him?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

In my experience, the most common reason for being removed as an elder is that he "did not show proper headship over his family". In other words, one of his kids got into trouble.

So, if it's none of these, then he MUST have had a secret sin, 'cause the holy spirit never makes a mistake. Ask his wife if he masterbates.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This is an older elder.......65 or so.......his kids are grown......

Does anyone know the process?

• undercover
    undercover
    But how can they scriptually do it? Can they do it for not going along with all the other elders. Can they do it if they just don't like him?

Like tijkmo said they can make it look like one guy was causing divisions in the elder body. The ole 5 vs 1 thing. He may have been right, but since they ganged up they can cook the books to make him look like the bad guy.

Happens in the business world all the time...and remember the WTS is just another business.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    What I understand is the body of elders requested it.

Maybe he was not a "yes man". Someone that is argumentative or does not easily bend to the consensus of the majority might irritate the BOE.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The process is that the elder body sends a letter or calls the service desk stating why the man should be removed. The society writes back giving its approval. It is announced.

If the man fights it, CO, DO, and bethel brothers get into it and it can be a long drawn out ordeal.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I'm starting to wonder if he would read Crisis of Conscience.

This couple has served Jehovah thier whole lives.

It blows me away. You just can't imagine how exceptional he is, especially in his teaching.

He is my favorite elder.

I just really want to know what the process is as she(wife) said they have known about the possiblity of it since the CO's visit in December. and the announcement has just been made.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks IP_SEC.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

We removed a man a year or so ago for gross sin, it was that simple. The announcement is "(name of person) is no longer serving as an (position) in the congregation)

If it is judicial and reproof is announced then it would be done at that time. If it was private reproof then there would be no further announcement.

If it were because of apostacy or apostate leanings, I would suppose at least a marking talk would be given.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

When I was told in no uncertain terms that I must put one of my family members out of the house or be deleted, I chose deletion. No one tells me to throw a family member whom my wife and I nurtured for many years to throw them out into the street to fend for themselves.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Because of the gossip the Congregation knew why I stepped down, and or, was deleted.No matter what faults anyone of us has, families should strive to stay together. I understand that is not always possible and each case has it's own merits, however to throw out a younger member of your family to please the Society and their policies,... not me and my wife!

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit