tired of being alone

by sad and lonely 10 Replies latest social relationships

• sad and lonely
    sad and lonely

hi this is my frist time here,and i'n not good with these places..so i hope this is going towards meeting people.i'm a 44 year old african american who's seeking companionship,friendship,bible reading partner,and in time a loving committed marragei'm a patient person.but it doens't take away the fact that i'm lonely.i don't have friends in the worlds so i don't have anyone really to talk to but my kids.sometimes i need a guy friend that i can talk to and even date(good clean [edited])even if its reading the bible or just chatting about different biblical topics.i'm a full-figured woman,very caring understanding,honest,believes in communications, faithfulness,and a monogamist relationship and marriage.i'm 5"6medium brown skinned,pretty face and smile.loves poetry.drawing,museums,history,music,carpentry,canavals,sports.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I've always done well picking up at the local Satanic Ritual huts. They love a good debate about the bible too.

Kwin

P.S. You could also try the grocery store. Produce section is the best.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

welcome to the board

didn't know this place was a dating service. Maybe you will want to check the reason this board is here.

• under74
    under74

Ummm...Hi Sad and Lonely...this board is mainly full of ex-JWs and isn't really a dating site...but I guess I'm just speaking for myself on that.
    Sorry you're sad and lonely. Just remember that nobody can fill the void but yourself.

All the best to you.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

mods, that link the orginal poster dropped into it's post is rather suspicious, you might wanna delete this thread/poster.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Just on the off-chance tha this is legit-----I'd like to throw something out there. This board isn't designed to be a dating place, but one never knows what a friendship here may lead to.

We have all types of folks here, of all personalities, of all ages, from all over the world. There are many extremely warm and caring people here and I'm very happy to have them in my life.

I thought I was lonely too, but I realized that things are what you make of them, and being disabled, I find this place and all the different discussions filling my life. I honestly do not miss the houseful of folks that used to stream through here (for years on end) and I can find conversation at a moment's notice the second I log on.

Anyone who is looking to find good (and bad , serious or funny, or educational) topics to contribute to, has it all right here at his fingertips! It's all here!

So........welcome sad and lonely, hope you enjoy it here.

hugs,

Annie

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Are you a JW, S&L?

One of the few things the Watchtower got right is that if you aren't happy single, you're not likely to be happy married. No need to get married to avoid being sad and lonely. Wanting a partner in life is fine, but get out into the field and meet some people. Join a club, go to the YMCA, take a class. Do something. If money's a problem, go to a park and look for what activities they have planned. There are usually nature walks, classes, crafts, and most are free. Don't do it with the intent to get a date, just go to have fun and broaden your experiences and social circle. The dating will come naturally out of that.

Good luck, and welcome to the board!

Dave

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Along with Dave's thoughts, I'd like to add that volunteering at a soup kitchen, or reading to the blind, or visiting nursing homes or children's wards will be a great comfort and give a feeling of hands-on helping. You can meet a lot of like-minded folks doing something like that.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

(((((Sad and Lonely)))))

Hope you find your ideal mate soon.

DY

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If I could I'd bring you over a peach cobbler. Even us evil non jw christians can be nice.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit