Hello, all...

by Apathy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Good for you. Now just stay away from getting baptized.

I remember my mom not allowing me to read any book I wanted from the library when I was a teenager. I used to hide books because I loved to read. Once I got caught with a Cosmopolitan magazine, you'd think I had killed someone, it was that horrible.

Anyways, reading, it will change things!!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Welcome Apathy. Damn it's nice to see people figure it out at 11 years instead of 36!

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

-

snort- Don't worry, I'm at least as corrupted as the worst of you.

Apathy ... I doubt that. But that's a good thing. You're too young to be corrupt already .... I'd give it 'til 16 at least.

Good luck. The fact that you're thinking for yourself and questioning things is a very good sign.

Gee ... I wish there was an internet when I was 15 , moping my way through field service in my cheap polyester suit, praying that I wouldn't run into some cutie from school. I did once, and almost had a stroke.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome Thy,

I'm glad to see you are a thinking, reasoning, person; that's great. My daughter just turned 20, though, unfortunately, she won't speak to me because I'm no longer apart of her cult.

I'm sure you are a very good person, but please remember that even though you're aware the JW dogma is crap, your mother still deserves your love and respect. (Sorry, this is the father coming out of me.)

Hey! I'm really looking forward to hearing more about you and your life. By the way, I will have a new son in May!

Take care Thy!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Welcome, hopefully this place helps as the congregation slowly realizes you'll never become one of them and stops talking to you. I remember that happened to me and I was so happy as I really didn't want to speak to them anyway.

Enjoy Harry Potter (I'm guessing that's the series you're talking about)

• Apathy
    Apathy
    Enjoy Harry Potter (I'm guessing that's the series you're talking about)

Yup, yup. ^.^

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey Apathy,

I already met you on another thread, but I had to say I love your writing!

SNG

• new boy
    new boy

Weclome Thy

I'm glad you figured it out a 15 years. I took me 52!

Haaaa, but kids really are much smarter these days!

Keith

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

hi apathy,11 years old,and you stuck to your guns,jeez,either its good genetics,or your a perceptive person,either way,awesome,mental freedom is better than physical freedom when it comes to the org,welcome to the site!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello and welcome, Thy!

One of my sons (44 years) was here yesterday (brought me some gorgeous flowers for Easter) and we got talking about the fact that we didn't celebrate Easter when he lived at home. He asked me again.....what was the reason we didn't? I don't HAVE a real reason!

He then got into the fact that he didn't believe anything about any Paradise Earth or the fact that ONLY JWs have God's favor. He said even before he was a teen, that it was hogwash and that he knew that if he told me how he felt, I would have been hurt and upset.

I'll have to tell him about your post! (He doesn't have a computer---says it will take up too much time! ) It makes me wonder just how many JW kids are coming to this conclusion (that its all crap) and just keeping quiet.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit