I can't get the Memorial song out of my head!!!

by ohiocowboy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

AAAUUUGGGHHHH.....

I've been out so long I didn't even remember it until El Kabong posted the first few words....NOW ITS STUCK !

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

It still happens to me after 15 years! I go to one meeting, and all of a sudden, they all pop back into my head. And they have not changed the song book. Its been the same since I left 15 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!

Loyal love, god is love!

Or Here I am send me, send me!

Now I'll be singing this stuff in my head all night! Thanks

Lets........Watch how we talk and watch how we talk

Just thought I would add a few for you all to think about!!!!!!! LOL

• Dustin
    Dustin

For me it is always that Firm and Determined song. I hate the lyrics to that song so bad. It makes me want to hurl.

Dustin

• Balsam
    Balsam

Something I just thought of and had not in a while. After the memorial my ex-husband would take our three sons for a night hike up on a mountain near where we live to read the bible about Jesus sacrifice and sing kingdom songs. They did that from the time they were little guys till our middle son died at 15. They never did it again. I wonder if he is thinking about that to night as he sat at the KH with his new wife and his sons all have disappeared. Perhaps he even feels a little sad with regret over all that is gone to him. Can the religion he clings to so desperately give him the comfort he so seeks. His new wife will surely not understand the pain of loss he must feel. I almost feel sorry for him in his aloneness. The boys had always looked forward to the night hike in the moon light up the mountain. I think it is probably one of the fond memories they have of their Dad since he has turned his back on them because of them being disfellowshipped.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Balsam, that is so sad. It makes me feel bad to think of how many families have been destroyed due to false teachings of the JW's.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hahahaha Ohiocowboy! I can't get it out of my head either.

I felt a disturbance in the force earlier tonight. I stopped what I was doing and looked around wondering what it was.....

Then, OUT OF NOWHERE, I started singing that bloody song.

Somebody help me.

• Xandria
    Xandria

If yoooour happy and you know it clap your hands...

Anything than that song!

X.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Xandria.....thanks for you help

I feel soooo much better!

• jwNOT
    jwNOT

I haven't been to the hall in years. The last JW function I was at was my grandmothers funeral in 98. I still catch myself humming "Can you see with your minds eye people living together...blah blah blah".. or something like that. That song was so dreadful that I wished I was in the casket instead so i wouldn't have to hear it. Funny thing was my grandmother hadn't been to the hall in years. She kind of faded because of the way her her grandchildren were treated for not believing. She didn't care what anyone said she was not shunning anyone.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I find myself humming the one "Dark days are here, blah blah blah fear, none can be denying for all men are dying", the chords are pretty descent. I've said if I make it in the WWE, I'm going to use those opening chords for the start of my entrance theme.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit