I can't get the Memorial song out of my head!!!

by ohiocowboy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

No. Never.

Whenever I have joked with family members ( who have also escaped) about kingdom songs, we sing "keep your eyes on the prize" ( is that still sung?)

Evidently, our prize was "getting out" and staying far away.....

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

My 1st ever memorial last night, 1st time in a kingdom hall, so both songs were new and strange to me. I must say people were very friendly. I started life as a catholic, then worshipped with a few different Christian congregations, but nothing much for many years. I have to say in all honesty that despite the welcome, there was clearly something missing from the atmosphere, never more evident than in the singing. The fruits of love and joy I've experienced in other Christian congregations seem to have been replaced by politeness and duty in the kingdom hall. Just my observation. Perhaps it was something to do with the guilt or the burden of sin that I thought only the catholics had. Or not having the knowledge of everlasting life? They clearly explained (with some rapid Bible hop-skotch) that none present were under the new covenant. I was the only one who flickered.

John 5:24 "Most truly I say to you, he that hears my word and believes Him that sent me has everlasting life, and he does not come into judgemet but has passed over from death to life."

1 John 5:10-13 ?The one who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; and the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life???he who has the son has the life?These things I have written to you in order that you may know that you have eternal life.?

• Preston
    Preston

(Replicate Kylie lyrics)

Just can't get that song out of my head
    Boy, that memorial is all I think about
    Just can't get that song out of my head
    Passing more wine and crackers than I dare to think about

- Preston

• Flash
    Flash

jaffacake

I have to say in all honesty that despite the welcome, there was clearly something missing from the atmosphere...

People who are conditioned to be the same lose all that being an individual means, their personalities, their genuiness, their emotional spontanaity...their complete identity is lost.

You witnessed a room full of thoughtless and emotionless clones (well intentioned) following their program.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit