I can't get the Memorial song out of my head!!!

by ohiocowboy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

ARGH!!! Since I woke up this morning, I have been finding myself humming the song for the memorial tonight. It is really freaky. I have been away for quite a few years now, but at times when I hear about an upcoming JW event, I start getting Kingdumb songs stuck in my mind.

Even at times when I hear or read about about an assembly or convention, I sometimes find myself humming the closing song "We thank you Jehovah".

I guess the borg brainwashed mentality never really goes away, but is filed away to where things such as songs or memories seem to surface at times.

At least now though, when I do find myself humming a song, I change the words around, and sometimes change the words to a parody, or replace words with naughty ones...

Does this happen to anyone else???

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Even at times when I hear or read about about an assembly or convention, I sometimes find myself humming the closing song "We thank you Jehovah".

W e l l . . . I w a s n' t humming it til NOW, cowboy!

I'll probably get over it...ya' think ?

Sometimes, "We're Ja - Hovers Witnesses.." can be changed easily to "We wish you a Merry Christmas..." It SOUNDS like the same tune to me !

Rabbit

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

YES!!!! I know what you mean........and that song that starts our Loyal love........

and Move ahead Move ahead to Maturity, Its the will of our God that we gain ability.......

May I suggest you sing them with different foreign accents.......my good friend from downunder says that how he enjoys them.

purps

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Are you referring to the one that goes something like...
    Jehovah our Father in Heaven
    O this is a most sacred night
    'twas Nissan 14 when your glory was seen
    da da da da da da da daaaaaa?????????

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Yes that generally is the song for the Memorial. Have they got a new song book in the last six years? I am not sure.

Yes I too, find myself humming a kingdom melody.

Yes we were deeply brainwashed.

Last Sunday (Palm Sunday) I attended the church service at the hospital while I was recovering from surgery. I suprised me how quickly I remember ed and recalled the words of hymns I use to sing before being a JW.

I thought that was cool.

luv OFC

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

O_CowBoy, try this:

"It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all...:

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Glad to know it's not just me! It is funny how some of the songs sound like "Worldly" songs. The songwriters must not have had much imagination when writing some of the kingdom songs, I guess they were too busy trying to come up with false dates for armaggedon than spend time coming up with something original...

I'm glad it's not just me, and we can sing praises to Jehoover together...

***Sorry for those who now have the songs stuck in their minds from this thread-we can all suffer together...tehehehehe

• Flash
    Flash
    Does this happen to anyone else???

Not until 'somebody' brought it up! LOL

• Undecided
    Undecided

I must have done a good job of washing my brain after I left, I can't remember a single kingdom song.

Ken P.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I can't get that damn "Please judge me lord, my lord Jehovah God, for you I trust and in, integrity I've trod, examine me, and put me to the test, my mind and heart refine, so my soul might be blest......" horseshit song out of my head! Aahhhh

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit