Anyone Feel Guilty For Not Going To The Memorial or For Going This Year?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

IP....this is the right thread.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

When is the memorial?

Kwin

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I do feel a bit guilty for not going to the Kingdom Hall, parking my car across the street and setting up a poster listing some of the organization's false prophecies...

Oh, you meant go as in attend? Fat chance!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I haven't gone in 6 years now and don't feel a bit of guilt. I see no reason to go and participate in a mock communion that turns its back on Jesus, and sitting among people who are being led by mock Christians.

Annie

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I did not go.........first year I have not gone as a Witness. Since it was ony a few months ago I was or seemed gung ho.....I am sure there is a bit of shock factor. My best friend called right before the Memorial to say hi.......I know you are in a hurry to get ready for the Memorial, wanted to tell you I love you.......is your daughter going? I said NO........blah blah blah........I am not going to the Memorial, I say to her.

DEAD SILENCE

I told her I have not been feeling well and can't handle a crowd. I have been sick most of the winter and can't seem to pull myself out of it. I have not been to meeting if two months.... She said......maybe you don't feel good cuz you aren't going to the meetings. I asked her to not go there.

I told her I was healing and that what is fast for some was slow for others, and if people will just not escalate I will be ok.

Anyway, of course, it is something that you just don't miss. But I did. Do I feel guilty? No

Will I feel guilty when others will try to make me feel guilty is the question!

purps

• eljefe
    eljefe

The guilt I had was the trip my parents gave me not not going.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Soooooooo far out that I am guilt free, although to be honest....the first one I missed back in 1986 didn't really make me lose a lot of sleep either....but then again...I'm a jerk. LOL

• Es
    Es

This year was the first in 25 years that i did not go. Didnt feel guilty bout not goin but now that its passed must admit feel alittle numb bout it :(

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Haven't gone to the "see the wine and crackers" act for about 14 yrs now.

I have no feelings at all, one way or the other.

I guess it is now, just a non issue with me.

Outoftheorg

• freedom96
    freedom96

Don't feel guilty one bit.

I did go to an Easter service earlier today, and it actually was enjoyable. Sure beat listening to the same stuff told over and over at the hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit