What if?

by jula71 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• jula71
    jula71

Does anyone have the fear of, "What if they?re right?" I?ve had that nagging me then I have another voice, I?m not nuts-I?m not hearing voices-just a metaphor, tell me "they can?t be right." I just have this incredible inner conflict in me. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this feelings of guilt or what?

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Yep I had it very strong just after I left. Fear is the main tool they use for conditioning. Don't worry though the other voice drowns it out as it get louder.

• jaredg
    jaredg

yes i had that for a while after i knew the truth about the truth. it's hard to let go of something that you have come to believe is the only truth on earth and god's only for of cummunication to mankind. however the more research you do the less you feel like the "might be right". however even if they are right about the core teachings and they are god's channel, i believe that God is loving and merciful and can understand why any of us would not believe the WTS. i'm not worried about my fate as long as i love god and love my fellow neighbor, upon those two principles the whole law hangs.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Yep,still get that frrom time to time.30 Years of conditioning does that no matter how absurd or whacky some of the beliefs are.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Thats what brainwashing will do to you. The JWs are wrong. Period. Took me some time but I no longer have any type of fear of this nature. You'll get there too, the more you find out, the more you know, the more you see that its all a big scam.

Sherry

• jula71
    jula71

Thank you all, I'ts just hard for me. Even though I know they can't be right, it's the only life I've known. But I can't deny all I know now. I guess that's the ego they say that goes with apostasy.

• doogie
    doogie

yeah, i used to have those same voices. like gretchen said, the more you learn about their past and methodology, the smaller the voices will get. i'm at the point where even if i desperately wanted to go back, there's NO WAY that i could convince myself that they have the one tru religion.

if you haven't read CoC, do that. for what it's worth, it may be worthwhile to examine the history of the bible and christianity in general too. this helped me immensely because i think some of us are left with that "what if they're right" feeling because we are now left with a strict fundamentalist viewpoint on the bible (i.e. inerrancy). if you see their foundation for what it is, the entire JW belief structure comes crashing down as the fable it is.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I think I felt that for like 5 mins, then realized they AREN'T RIGHT AT ALL.

Case in point, I was taught from the time I could speak that Armeggedon would come before I hit adulthood. They taught 1914 + 70 or maybe 80 years = Armeggedon.

Well, they were absolutely wrong. 1984 came and went, 1994 came and went. It's 2005, they are wrong. No questions about it.

It takes a while to shed those feelings though. I completely understand.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

so extending this then.....if they are wrong what is the punishment for still being connected...i dont mean what is the effect just now...what are the future consequences

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Sorry tijkmo but who's punishing who?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit