What if?

by jula71 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carmel
    Carmel

I've heard it said that new truths are easily learned while "old truths" are difficult to unlearn...

carmel

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Here's my thing- If , God forbid, the JWs are right, and all the apostates and various other brands of heretics are exposed... What will they do, kill us- cause according to them, there is no hell. So it stops there. No suffering. No nothing. Just death. So by Living your life to the fullest NOW, even if we are all wrong and the Ws are right...we've already had our paradise. (i do apologize if that was redundant- I didn't read all the posts before replying)

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    It was because of the above that, during my cognitive dissonance period (which lasted several years) about the WTS and its teachings, my "what if" turned into an "even if", as in: Even if they're right (which, now, I do not believe for a second) I would not want to spend all of eternity in such a controlling, unloving and pharisaic organization

That sums it up for me right there! Even if they were/are/could ever be right I'd rather accept the consequences of NOT being one of (it's so hard for me to say) Jehovah's Witnesses. That name doesn't even mean anything to me anymore ... I find it repugnant because if God's name were Jehovah, that organization has brought to it the highest reproach.

And think, they used to tell 'us' not to bring reproach on his name. Now through our research, we find out that THEY are the one's who are dishonoring the name of God. What are crock of BS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit