JWD Sign in. Were You a Dub When You First Came Here?

by xjw_b12 63 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Been out for 10 years...faded; now just addicted to JWD!!!

• moanzy
    moanzy

Been out for 1 and half years and just started posting.

Moanzy

• willyloman
    willyloman

Boy, was I... But a dub with questions, and no place to ask them. I found that here and am eternally grateful.

I first wandered onto this site by accident after a sister mentioned "that web site that all the friends use." Not wanting to appear ignorant, I just nodded and said, "Uh, yeah, sure." Then I went looking for it. Found this instead. That was in '01. In May '02 I watched Dateline wth my wife and grown daughter. A year and a half later, after implementing our exit strategy (the slow fade) for several months, we went to our last meeting, .

Now the whole family is inactive and, more importantly, absolutely opposed to ever going back.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I had been out for probably 15 years....

I was trying to figure out why in the hell armageddon hadn't arrived yet. When I found this site.

Then I realized it wasn't comming...or at least I'm not waiting on it anymore.

Lisa

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I was a dub trying to see if there was anyone else in the world that felt like me. I decided to do a web search, I decided if I was the only one I would go back to leaving things in Jehovahs hands, found this place, saw that my thoughts werent unique, now Im just a dub in name only.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I faded 2 Years ago.Discovered this site a year ago,lurked for a bit then thought "what the hell".......

I have hardened my stance towards the Religion a bit since joining up,but im still doing me annual Memorial trip.

• Shania
    Shania

Yes, I was very active, did not Know my PO husband was here taking in this fine information he would share with me very subtly. I would not allow anything apostate in my home, in fact when he told me he had COC book, I told him keep that apostate literchure in your car.--------that was 01. See how we mature, it just takes a little time for things to sink in...................

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

When I first found this place, I'd not been to a meeting in about 6 months. I was in the midst of that "what the hell do I do now?" phase, wherein I knew I didn't want to go back in a kingdom hall, but I had no idea how to transition to actual normalcy, either. This board helped me to feel a little (ok, a lot) less scared and alone in the big wide world. Oh, and I found, quite by accident, a long-lost friend from my days of auxilliary pioneering by day, dating marked brothers by night; she's on this board, so it's kind of funny to talk to someone who remembers how I looked in my assembly dresses.

Thank you, Simon, and everyone else who makes JWD such a great place to chill out when I'm taking a break from exploring the infinite abyss.

• JH
    JH

When I joined here 2 years ago, I was inactive and not going to meetings anymore. Thanks to your BAD influcence I'm still inactive...

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I had been out for 17 years and have had no one to talk to in all that time who understood what I had gone through.

Thank Jebus I found this site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit