JWD Sign in. Were You a Dub When You First Came Here?

by xjw_b12 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

when I first came here??

YES!

I was an admin on a PRO JW discussion board (greatcrowd.com now defunct) and we would come over here and read and catch the evil apostates bragging about being on our boards.. and then promptly KICK them off!

lol..

most know about that cuz I have talked about it before but newbies wouldn't..

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Zealous now in the cause of A postacy!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I haven't made my mind up yet about the Witnesses...

I am still thinking about it... hence my haywire posts.

Thanks

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

greatcrowd.com - I remember it well.

what a shame - yet another Witness caught in the apostate web.

what is a Witness to do???

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:what is a Witness to do???

He could stop posting on this thread.

GBL

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks

• kls
    kls

I was inactive for many years but husband still in ,came here for support from others and trying to find the magic word that would get my husband out and on the very tip of ending my life. I did not find my magic word but with the support here i can deal with each day.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    Four months later I was inactive, and I finally joined the site in May 2003, and I DA'd in June. Marriage went down the toilet 6 months later.

It's been a helluva ride.

Walter

Were glad to have you here though Walter.

ezekiel3:

THEN: Active JW with doubts.

NOW: Active JW with malice.

Very succinctly put. Big Tex:
    No. I was looking for ways to get Nina and the kids out
    Hooray for you and thanks to JWD DY:

I was and still am a 'spiritually weak' JW.

Aspiring to be an disassociated ex-JW soon.

I know you are taking the slow approach with family and all.

jula71

I was sorta active, but this site has helped me answer some good questions.
    Welcome. Keep reading and posting Tuesday:
    I was out, pretty much looking for a new more active board to post on. This is definetly the most active of the boards, and no racial, anti-semetic diatribes on here.
    Well at least not any that last for long. Politics, that's a different story

I was freshly inactive with tons of doubts when I started lurking here. Disassociated a couple months before I started posting. Now I usually visit every day when theres nothing to do at work.

GBL

Well at least Elsewhere has some competition cruising for Apostababes! undercover:
    Inactive JW with doubts. Not inactive because of doubts so much as inactive because the stress was too much. The doubts led to research and now I've been inactive for 2-3 years now. Pretty much completely faded. No elders visits or calls. Only the occasional family pressure.
    I'd say that's pretty close to being ex-jw (((Candidlynuts:)))

then:i was a guilt ridden inactive jw who felt worthless and totally at fault for my doubts.

now.. i feel like maybe i'm not such a horrible person..it may just be a horrible religion.

It is a horrible religion!

I was an elder looking for truth.

Found it and real friends.

Jst2laws

I remember following the saga, and sharing in your anguish. lonelysheep:
    I was upping my work as a 'student' in order to get baptized, but had some serious doubts. So last August/September, I started lurking. Those doubts were confirmed, and I've learned more than I ever thought I would from everyone's experiences, which I'm grateful for.
    It's amazing how freedom of information can change your whole outlook.

Inactive for many years, not even interested in what was truth, just dismissed it from my mind. I saw the recommendation to read CofC on this board and I ordered it. I wised up pretty soon after that and have just enjoyed hanging around here ever since.

Ken P.

Pretty well my story as well Ken, though I had read CoC and ISoCF before I was pointed here.
    I was inactive with doubts when I arrived.

Now I am active and zealous!

Thanks JWD

slimboyfat. You kill me. I actually look forward to your posts BTW you have a PM

Active but now inactive (fader)
    Blondie: Not on this board you're not ! I
    came here on the tails of the Dateline (2002) story about JW child molesters . I still believed almost all the doctrines JWS taught and my first post was about the demons(original yeah ?) I had not read any of the literature about the WTS history, had not read COC, etc.
    Wednesday. I'll have to go back and read that first post.

No, I had been out 10 years.

Dragonlady76
    What took you so long?
    Came over already out from the H20 board.
    professor. You are a DB oldie then... or a junkie!

Had DA'd myself two years before coming here.

Leslie
    How did you find JWD?

Already out...

Thanks to Professor for telling me about this board!!
    Nancy. That professor gets around.

when I first came here?? YES!

I was an admin on a PRO JW discussion board (greatcrowd.com now defunct) and we would come over here and read and catch the evil apostates bragging about being on our boards.. and then promptly KICK them off!

lol.. most know about that cuz I have talked about it before but newbies wouldn't..
    Sassy. Thanks for reminding us. There is another poster here who was in similar circumstances.

I haven't made my mind up yet about the Witnesses... I am still thinking about it... hence my haywire posts.

A crack in the facade?
    I was inactive for many years but husband still in ,came here for support from others and trying to find the magic word that would get my husband out and on the very tip of ending my life. I did not find my magic word but with the support here i can deal with each day.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have no pm - is this another cruel hoax?

Someone send me pm

• kls
    kls

Now you have me crying,,,,,,,,,omg i forgot how depressed i was two years ago before i came here . Thanks for reminding me how far i have come .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit