JWD Sign in. Were You a Dub When You First Came Here?

by xjw_b12 63 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Seeing this is the 5th anniversary of JWD, I was curious as to how many who still post here, were dyed in the wool JWs, but later sucumbed to "the truth about the truth"

OR

Were an active/semi-active JW, and this site and others were enough to convince you that your doubts had substance.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I first stumbled on the site when I was an active JW in Sept 2002 and my first reaction was something like:

OMG!!!!!! DEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMUUUUUNNNNNZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

I immediately closed my browser and resumed playing solitaire. It didn't help - the demunz had already invaded my feeble mind and I was doomed to be an apostate?.

Four months later I was inactive, and I finally joined the site in May 2003, and I DA'd in June. Marriage went down the toilet 6 months later.

It's been a helluva ride.

Walter

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

THEN: Active JW with doubts.

NOW: Active JW with malice.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

No. I was looking for ways to get Nina and the kids out

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I was and still am a 'spiritually weak' JW.

Aspiring to be an disassociated ex-JW soon.

DY

• jula71
    jula71

I was sorta active, but this site has helped me answer some good questions.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I was out, pretty much looking for a new more active board to post on. This is definetly the most active of the boards, and no racial, anti-semetic diatribes on here.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I was freshly inactive with tons of doubts when I started lurking here. Disassociated a couple months before I started posting. Now I usually visit every day when theres nothing to do at work.

GBL

• undercover
    undercover

Inactive JW with doubts. Not inactive because of doubts so much as inactive because the stress was too much. The doubts led to research and now I've been inactive for 2-3 years now. Pretty much completely faded. No elders visits or calls. Only the occasional family pressure.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

then:i was a guilt ridden inactive jw who felt worthless and totally at fault for my doubts.

now.. i feel like maybe i'm not such a horrible person..it may just be a horrible religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit