what if it was all a dream?

by what_Truth? 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

You wake up one morning and see that the last few years of your life is nothing more than a vivid dream. You check a desk calander and realise that it's your baptism date. Your mom is calling asking you to wake up and get ready for the assembly......

What do you do? and more importantly, what, if anything, would you do differently? How would it cahnge your life?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    What do you do? and more importantly, what, if anything, would you do differently? How would it cahnge your life?

First of all I'd probably throw out all my suits and call up the fiance I had dumped for the sake of the truth?. We'd spend the day in every sexual configuration imaginable. Then I'd plan my education, and start de-witnessing to my mother.

Walter

• jula71
    jula71

I would have enrolled in college a lot sooner. Kinda sucks being, pretty much the oldest student in most of my classes?.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Would run for the hills; but not before answering all the questions for baptism wrong right quoting this website...

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Senior Member.!!!! does this mean Im old now??!!

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

If only!

After High School I would have joined the Air Force, then College, get a degree in Politcal Science and after spending about 10 years in the House of Representatives I would be in the Senate by now planning my bid for the White House.

That was the plan for my life that I junked when I joined the Witnesses in 1973 at the age of 15.

If only!

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I would accept all the scholarships I was offered in High School and go to college.

And thats AFTER telling my family they can go screw...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

What do you mean? It is all a dream. The whole universe is my dream and you all are figments of my imagination. I'm a pretty warped person. :P

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Man, that would have been tough. I was dating the first person who witnessed to me and we were scheduled to get married the day after my baptism. (And so we did; we've been together more than 30 years.)

He would certainly have convinced me that the "decent" thing to do was to leave him at the altar.

But, you know, if by some divine magic he had had the same dream, we would have run away together, apologized to our families, and figured out how to go to college together. We'd still have the same kids but we'd all be rich, or at least not-broke, by now.

And, if I could awake from that dream knowing what I have learned in the past thirty years, I would also head for the nearest Unitarian church, possibly seek out Isaac Bonewits, and certainly start haunting the hoodoo/candle shops of Oakland (circa 1973; and then my current magic teacher and I would have 30 years of good times under our belts by now)!

gently feral

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no I would not get baptized if I had my time again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit