Shots fired during UK rap concert

by Xena 57 Replies latest social current

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hillbilly, I'd really, really appreciate any link to this data that you have available.

J

• Simon
    Simon

homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not! and criminals still possess their guns!)

The Australian experience proves it. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Actually this doesn't necessarilly follow or prove anything. What happens is that *some* "not quite" law-abiding citizens decide that they can get more for their gun by flogging it privately thus putting more guns in the market short-term.

• Simon
    Simon
    Oh and still nothing to add to the topic at hand I see....suprise suprise

That is because unlike you, I know when to keep my fat gob shut on a subject.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Actually this doesn't necessarilly follow or prove anything. What happens is that *some* "not quite" law-abiding citizens decide that they can get more for their gun by flogging it privately thus putting more guns in the market short-term.

Huh?

~Hill

• roybatty
    roybatty
    I mean back in the day when the Scots were raping and pillaging the Brits

I thought the Brits were the ones who were raping and pillaging the Scots? Dammit, did Mel Gibson lie to me?

• Valis
    Valis

yet to be proven...*LOL*

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Wait a minute ... no, you don't get us doing that do you? Maybe we are a little more confident in ourselves so we can say "hey, our country and country-men aint perfect ... ".

I think people on the board just get tired of the "bait and switch" in the threads. Two recent threads come to mind, the one about drilling for oil in Alaska and the other about the shooting in Minn.

Instead of being discussions about what the solutions are, it instead turns into "let's talk about how much the U.S. sucks." Personally, I enjoy reading those threads. Maybe my skin is just a little thicker. Maybe it's because as a kid I have spent many summer vacations kid in europe and know first hand that it's much better living here.

Regarding stats on murders via handguns. Cutting through all the bullshit, I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of homicides fall into two catagories. One, domestic violence (husband or wife shoot and kills spouse) or two, gang bangers killing each other. Here in Chicago there were less then 500 murders in 2004. That's the lowest in 40 years! The same is true in New York and LA. All decreases.

• Xena
    Xena

now *that* is funny....maybe I was wrong about you not having a sense of humor after all

So you really have nothing to say regarding crime in your own country? Interesting....

• Simon
    Simon

How about "Crime is bad and has gotten worse since we started copying the US more". Will do and satisfy your desire to take offense ?

• Xena
    Xena
    Will do and satisfy your desire to take offense ?

Where have I taken offense?

So you blame the US for a higher crime rate in the UK?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit