Memorial

by Lehaa 23 Replies latest social relationships

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Ok I've away for a while. Had other things to deal with.

I was just wonder ing whose going to the Memorial this year.

I got this email from My Uncle today and I've decided I'm going only so my kids can see their family

If you love Jehovah miss your extended family want your children to have everlasting life Its not hypocritical. Love you lots Was just wondering who else is going and for what reasons.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'll be going this year. Still need to go shopping for an outfit, shoes, and purse.

I'm sure I'll endure the experience just fine. Hubby and I will then go out to eat with a crowd of friends.

It'll be the same old talk and procedures of every year. I'm just looking forward to it ending and having dinner with good friends.

DY

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I remember last year before the memorial walking around in a men's clothing store and the wife commenting that I should buy a suit to wear to meetings. Now, she knows I haven't been to in a long time nor have any desire what-so-ever to go to meetings. I think the dirty look I "shot her", purely by reflex, telegraphed and reaffirmed my revulsion to that particular idea such that she seperated from me for awhile while I looked around to compose herself.

I try not to be that blunt with my disgust of the WT because I know it means so much to her...but sometimes I can't help it.

I usually go to the memorial with her if for no other reason than to at least be there for this "pass the stale crusty bread and cheap wine" party they attache so much significance too.

• clementine
    clementine

i went there last year... only because my best friend had problems in her congregation (she was with a non-baptised guy and they were always criticizing her for that). she told me she couldn't go there alone, and she asked for my help...

that's why i've been there...

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Going. Giving the talk.. LOL. Seriously though its for the benefit of my family. If I were a single, childless man I would have ditched this religion 3 yrs ago.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

NO way jose. They couldn't get me to go kicking and screaming.

The funny thing is my mom hasn't even called to invite me. How loving of her.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not going this year. Havent been in close to 20 years. Dont miss it. Have more fun at the church I go to now. Got baptised last Sunday at my church and boy is my heart glad and my hubby proud. Looking forward to Easter Sunday and singing in the choir.

Josie

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Never, Never, Never, Never - did I say Never?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I would never to go another Memorial again.

I would be going to the Maundy Thursday mass, but I've got a lecture that I can't miss, so I'll go to Good Friday and Easter Vigil services.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm not going, and the hounds of hell couldn't drag me there either.

If you love Jehovah

Is your uncle making an assumption about whether you love Jehovah, based on your attendance at the Memorial?? That's pretty shallow. A hobo on the street could show up, just because he heard they were passing around wine. Does that mean he loves Jehovah?

miss your extended family

Does your extended family miss you enough to contact you for anything other than inviting you to return to their belief system?

want your children to have everlasting life
    OK, all I have to say about this comment is that this kind of guilt trip makes me want to puke.
    Its not hypocritical.
    Sure it is. To serve God for the sole purpose of qualifying for a future reward is not really serving God, is it? It's serving oneself. It's selfish to expect God to give you anything that you don't already have, as though God can be bribed. Why can't people just do what is just and moral and ethical without needing "God" to pay them off in the end?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit