Memorial

by Lehaa 23 Replies latest social relationships

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am not going. First time I haven't gone. I will be glad when it is over as I can feel the pressure of it all. It is like the final nail on the coffin with my JW companions, my not showing up tonight.

I was reading the daily text for today put out by the society.

Matt. 24:45 - Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?

On the day of the Memorial, commemorating Jesus death, this is the text for the day.

Just seeing it made me feel rather sick in my stomach. It actually made me feel better about my decision not to go. I will do something quietly and personal to show my love and appreciation for creation and people I care for and for mankind.

• Scully
    Scully

purplesofa writes:

Matt. 24:45 - Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?

On the day of the Memorial, commemorating Jesus death, this is the text for the day.

Just seeing it made me feel rather sick in my stomach. It actually made me feel better about my decision not to go. I will do something quietly and personal to show my love and appreciation for creation and people I care for and for mankind.

Oh. My. Gawd. It's been at least 10 years since I looked at any Yearbook, but if memory serves, the text on the date of the Memorial used to emphasize God's love in providing a ransom. This is sheer unadulterated self-aggrandizement on the part of the WTS. It's blasphemous, for all intents and purposes.

For some reason, this scripture came to mind:

*** Rbi8 Matthew 24:15-16 ***

15"Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) 16 then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains.

It would be an interesting study to go through all the Yearbooks to check the scripture references for the dates of the Memorial over the years, and see if there is a progression in promoting the WTS over Jesus and/or Jehovah's provision of a ransom. If I had any Yearbooks handy, I'd do it myself. It appears as though the daily texts have been omitted from the WT CD ROM.

• Alisha
    Alisha

I am not, nor ever was a JW. My husband is an XJW, and of course, his loving father decided to "disfellowship" from him a few months ago. Now his loving, Christian father sends ME an email to ask ME to remind of my husband that "tomorrow is the Memorial." He's an Elder, and after learning so much about this religion and its far reaching effects, I am so thankful I had no upbringing in this cult...errr...religion....err.... organization! Anyway, he smashes my husband's heart and then has the nerve to send an email like that. What a jerk! I emailed him back to let him know I am "disfellowshiping" from him as well, and to not email anything to my address. I had sent him a forever long email prior to that one that explained how I see him and his beliefs as being hypocritical. I am certain it was in vain, but it felt good to vent and send it to him just the same. I will say, there are advantages to never having been a JW. Needless to say, we didn't go.

Alisha

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

yeah well i did'nt go after all, just emailed my uncle to show my disapointment that they have chosen to shun me. Feel a lot better now. Plus I have not heard back at all

It's amazing how therapidic the real truth is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit