C.O. visit; They sound desperate.

by TonyT 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I will say it again:

A third grader with an internet connection can learn more in ten minutes about the borg than could an adult with 400 hours to burn and good library priveleges; even with that, the adult in the 70's could not have the benefit of instant communication with others in the same boat!!

The org is a goner, unless they change radically in the next few years. If they just confessed, and admitted, they could still have millions of members who just want a good fellowship of christian believers.

my 2 cents.

Pistoff

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I thought the CO's duty was to encourage the congregations?

Before I left the dubs I noticed this tendency with CO visits that it seemed they had just visited to chastise everyone. Unfortunately the CO's and the doods at bethel wrtiting the outlines don't live in the real world and fail to realize people have jobs to go to, families to raise and numerous other responsibilities.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If they just confessed, and admitted, they could still have millions of members who just want a good fellowship of christian believers.

The problem here is that a lot of people would be very angry over the blood issue and the lost health and life caused by it. My two children were hurt by it. It's very tragic and I suppose there might be a number of lawsuits. I don't think the Gov Bod wants to admit that they're wrong about most of their teachings due to pride and fear of lawsuits.

• TonyT
    TonyT
    I don't think the Gov Bod wants to admit that they're wrong about most of their teachings due to pride and fear of lawsuits

They have painted themselves into a corner and we know how reluctant they are to admit error. Maybe they could make a "we never said anything about 1975" type blood statement such as:

"In the past some have regrettably lived by an unreasonably strict interpretation of Mosaic law with un fortunate consequences rather than a prayerful decision reached by a spiritually mature Christian."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit