C.O. visit; They sound desperate.

by TonyT 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TonyT
    TonyT

My mother recently told me that the congregation was scolded by their District Sales Manager....errr circuit overseer for poor meeting attendance. It seems that at times attendance would sink as low as 60%. She didn't respond when I said that maybe there was something good on television that night. I also asked her how the society is keeping a sense of urgency now that the 1914 generation has by all means passed away without "things taking place". The DM ...er CO went on to say that unless you were contagious there was no excuse for missing a meeting. This includes people suffering with arthritis, lupus, back pain, headaches etc. Can you believe that people will sit still for this crap?

• JH
    JH
    This includes people suffering with arthritis, lupus, back pain, headaches etc.

These people have to go to their meetings, and they also have to participate.....or else..

• Gopher
    Gopher

What good does it do to tell people in attendance that the attendance percentage is poor? The people who are the target of the scolding aren't even there !!

"THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE MORALE IMPROVES"

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

My dad told me that in his congregation the circuit overseer flipped his lid on the last visit because they did not have ONE pioneer. Its a moderate to large sized hall too.

GBL

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

bwahahahaa!

She didn't respond when I said that maybe there was something good on television that night.

That always worked for me, until..............VCR's were created! I blame Jehover for that invention!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

All I can say is that our local Irish pub had to literally close it's doors because they were over capacity last Thurs night. They couldn't fit anyone else inside the building.

So, if the Kingdom Halls were all turned into Irish pubs, they'd be full. I'm just saying.

• minimus
    minimus

"Contagious"....heart attacks aren't. Cancer isn't. Diabetic reactions aren't either....BUT Colds are. Just say you have those darn sniffles again!

• watson
    watson

Not one pioneer?!? Sounds like a fun/well adjusted group..

• Honesty
    Honesty

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn

Is the meeting over yet?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Our co told us that london bethel got no applications last year..not one....i was thinking about printing off some of the 'experiences' from here about drinking rooftop parties sexual shenannigans etc to try and encourage some of our young ones....by the way one of the questions asked on the form is do you have homosexual tendancies.....must be too many bros answering no to that one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit